Modafinil for SZ side effects

Seriously people, this is long but worth reading. Skip to the conclusion if you get bored. This could be the holy grail for some. Feel free to msg me with any questions or post in this thread

4 Likes

Modafinil for avolition

3 Likes

The results of the review show that modafinil can have beneficial effects on cognition and in emotional function in both the general populations and in patients with schizophrenia.

3 Likes

“• Recent studies have reported modafinil to be useful for negative symptoms, cognitive symptoms, and antipsychotic-induced sedation in patients with schizophrenia.”

3 Likes

In a 4-week open-label trial, 9 patients with schizophrenia received up to 200 mg of modafinil daily and experienced significant improvement in global functioning and improved overall clinical condition and self-reported quality of life.87

2 Likes

I’ve done what I can, hope to bump this post once in a while.

1 Like

One more:
studies found a significant effect of modafinil as an alerting agent for antipsychotic-induced fatigue and sedation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19026265/?i=6&from=/22820555/related

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s not available in my country… but I would try it.

Yeah possibly. I will look into it :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like

When I was taking Provigil I found it extremely helpful for staying awake during my shift, keeping me focused on tasks and organization.

I’m sza and it did not affect my mood or make my psychotic. I stopped taking it when I stopped going to school and clinicals. I also found that as the day wore on and as the Provigil maybe wore off, I would get really fatigued and a headache. Though this could have been from all the activity I was doing.

2 Likes

There is an approach of splitting the doses between breakfast and lunch so it doesn’t wear off thru the day

1 Like

That is very useful information @Moonwalker. Just so long as it doesn’t keep you up at night.

1 Like

I always get my sleep. But I agree that the drug should not be used to stay up later. Sleep is very important to staying stable.
I’ve been on it for about 7 years now

1 Like

Do you think modafinil could help you?

• Yes this could help
  • No, I don’t think so

0 voters

It’s beneficial if using with strong ap otherwise it makes you severely Manic though I should confess I used it in high doses,

This drug can be extremely helpful but if it’s abused there can be unwanted side effects. It’s that same as any drug. The study with good success was for 200mg / day

1 Like

Bump 1515151515151

I think my script was for 300mg but it made me too anxious so I was cutting them in half (per pdoc’s okay).

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this, @Moonwalker ! I’m going to mention this to my doctor.

1 Like

How does Adrafinil compare which can be bought online as a nootropic?