Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Announces MIN-101 Phase 2b Met Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia

Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ: NERV) announced positive top line results from a prospective Phase IIb, 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel clinical trial evaluating the efficacy, safety and tolerability of MIN-101 in patients with negative symptoms of schizophrenia. These negative symptoms, for which no approved treatment is currently available, affect the majority of schizophrenic patients and can persist over their lifetimes.

The study successfully achieved its primary endpoint, demonstrating the statistically significant benefit of MIN-101 over placebo in improving negative symptoms as measured by the pentagonal structure model (PSM) of the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS). The effect was shown for both doses tested: 32 mg: p ≤ 0.022 with an effect size of 0.45, and 64 mg: p ≤ 0.003 with effect size of 0.58.

The study also demonstrated statistically significant benefit of MIN-101 over placebo on the PANSS three factors negative symptoms subscale for both doses tested: 32 mg: p ≤ 0.006, with an effect size of 0.55, and 64 mg: p ≤ 0.001 with an effect size of 0.70. Furthermore, the statistically significant benefit of MIN-101 over placebo was demonstrated on the PANSS total score (not significant for the 32 mg dose; p ≤ 0.003 for the 64 mg dose), with effect sizes of 0.35 and 0.59, respectively.

5 Likes

Thanks @firemonkey
i’ve been following this news since long…
thanks for sharing…

More info in…
http://ir.minervaneurosciences.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=972955

1 Like

Excellent news! Thx for posting this

Thanks for posting this! Hard to read, (for me) but sounds very encouraging. Look forward to see if it plays out in the long-run as safe and effective.

Hope dies last! Maybe this will be the long-awaited treatment for negative symptoms.

1 Like

I hope this one makes it to market