Min-101 latest news

http://ir.minervaneurosciences.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1017055

4 Likes

This one looks good but it’s a long way away

2 Likes

Not that long, could be 2020, 2021.

2020 is a long time from now if you’re barely hanging on. The med that I think is going to make the biggest difference for a lot of us is called Evenamide.
That ones like 5 years away. I hope I can make it that long

1 Like

Yeah, even 2020 is a long time, but not as long as pretty much everything else interesting, except maybe LU AF35700, and that’s not for cognitive. Couple years is still better than 5 or 10 though, by a long ways.

True, it seems like in 5-10 years from now all these new meds will start coming out at the same time.
What’s the story with LU? Is it supposed to have less side effects? When’s it due out?

A few years, it’s in phase 3 and it has fast track designation because it’s the next big hope for treatment resistant sz. Side effects are likely, but for people who aren’t being helped by other meds, it may be a fair trade.

1 Like

I’m not exactly treatment resistant but I hate the current meds. We desperately need something with less side effects.

1 Like

@MeghillaGorilla1 have you tried L-theanine? I got a good response to folic acid 200mg daily, although I’ve no idea why.

1 Like

It might still be better, side effect wise. It’s supposed to be a novel action, although I don’t really understand the chemistry there.

"Lu AF35700 has a novel pharmacological profile with predominant D1 vs. D2 dopamine receptor occupancy, and a high occupancy of 5-HT2A and 5-HT6 serotonin receptors.

The relatively low dopamine D2 receptor occupancy of Lu AF35700 is expected to result in reduced burden of adverse events, such as EPS, prolactin elevation, dysphoria/anhedonia, and depressed mood. In completed safety trials, Lu AF35700 was generally well tolerated with a beneficial safety profile. "

Actually, although everything has side effects, RP 5063 (I got mixed up) was the one I was thinking of that will probably have side effects, but is also supposed to be coming out soon as it is in phase 3. I don’t think it is a new chemical entity. The novel stuff is what really excites me because otherwise it’s sort of just a new flavor of the same ol same ol.

1 Like

@MeghillaGorilla1 low testosterone can also cause males to feel terrible (see documentary below about this). You could try wearing loose boxer shorts, loose pants and sleeping with your lower half bare.

‘How Testosterone Secretly Shapes Our Society’ - Journeyman Pictures

1 Like

No ill google it. I have tried folate and it helped with my mood but not the intrusive thoughts and cognitive stuff

Sorry, typo, my folic acid dose was 200ug daily (micrograms not milligrams). 200 milligrams would be a dangerous overdose.

1 Like

Yes I am waiting for the so called novel antipsychotics. ITI 007 and min 101 really look good.
RP 5063 hits every receptor under the sun so it’s bound to have side effects, although they say it has less. An antipsychotic that works, without weight gain, eps, depression, and cognitive side effects would be like a miracle for a lot of us.
But Evenamide has the potential to treat depression/mania/psychosis/ insomnia. It’s one of those wonder drugs that researchers finally developed from their years of research. It’s supposed to be a blockbuster. I can’t wait to kick lamictal and latuda to the curb

Thanks @NutsAboutU. I’ll ask my doctor. I took a prescription folate called Deplin. Ask about it it’s the best one out there

If you’re haunted by bad memories of the past like I was, hypnotherapy worked for me. It’s a more passive type of therapy so it’s good if you find it difficult to self-direct your thoughts and emotions during other types of therapy you may have tried. It’s expensive though.

If I have any more ideas I’ll let you know. I feel your pain, I really do.

1 Like

Yep I have Evenamide and TAK 063 on my google alerts. Seems like better human data on the Evenamide, I’m hopeful about the TAK 063 but it’s not really far enough along in human trials, at least not that they have reported results on. Am I remembering correctly that Evenamide was the one that worked best for non smokers? Can’t find the study now.

1 Like

I’m googling the Tak drug.
Evenamide is a calcium channel blocker that prevents aberrant firing of haywire neurons. It’s being tested as an adjunct to antipsychotics.
It’s supposed to be an anti depressant and an anti manic as well though. With few to no side effects.
It could take the place of drugs like lithium and depakote and eliminate the need for a higher dose of an atypical. It’s supposed to be something special according to the articles that I’ve read. It’s a completely novel medication and so far has proven to be highly effective. I think it’s about to begin phase 3 so it’s a few years away. If I could get away with less antipsychotic that would be great too. Or couple that with a novel antipsychotic like min 101 and that too would be awesome

1 Like

Maybe you can get into one of the trials for Min 101. Phase 3 is supposed to start in the second half of this year.

Fingers crossed they have good results.

Yea the only problem with that is it’s a 50/50 chance you end up with placebo. Trust me if I thought I could get onto something better I would have thought of it by now. I’ve got one of the best doctors in the area, if she can’t fix me no one can