Mentor šŸ€ And guidance

I dont know even if i can have kids and take care of them. I mean sure in a couple years. I dont wanna die alone. I dont even like being arounds kids a lot.

It sounds like youā€™re not sure maybe? Maybe there is a lot of different ideas you have about this.

Honestly, nothing makes me happy. I do art and make money out of it. I learnt makeup so wanna start working soon. I want to lose weight and stay skinny. But mostly i do not feel satisfaction and gratification so i do more and more and more of everything.

1 Like

I really identify with this. Anhedonia. It seems like the only regular pleasures I have left are eating and smoking; eating I need to cut back on and smoking I should probably quit- but it makes it hard when I get so little pleasure out of almost everything else.

2 Likes

Yeah but i felt much happier on geodon so im considering changing back. One way to find out.

Im just horrified of relapse

Nothing makes you happy. You do and learn things that can make you money but you still have more to do so you donā€™t feel satisfaction. And because you feel no satisfaction, you keep filling your cup.

I recall some of my happiest times as being some of the delusional ones. Nothing like delusions of grandeur to produce bliss and a sense of meaning. Iā€™m finally at a point where I want to stay on medication, but in a sick way I miss the happiness that can come from mania/delusion. In comparison, my life often seems empty and without pleasure.

2 Likes

you know what thinking about it - why do you need a mentor? Let yourself learn to know you and then you can be your own mentor with the knowledge that your opinion matters.

Most meds cause you to lose emotion if you werenā€™t already lacking in it. If Geoden you were better on, definitely get with the doc and see if you can switch. Then take some time finding out how you feel about things. You post on here so you can make a list of your questions and ponder them.

1 Like

I guess itā€™s just the deadly curse of mental illness.

I experienced gradiiose too and natural high. I feel extreme happiness during illness and i have erotomania. So maybe these delusions stabilized i feel empty

1 Like

I will feel better tomorrow morning. i just wish i had strong support of some sort. Someone to guide me sometimes, help me with decisions and i guess i wanna be surrounded by people.

Maybe so. If it werenā€™t for the fact that I also experience periods of extremely stressful confusion while unmedicated, and for how disruptive I am when such, I would hands down choose just being crazy- but it does get upsetting and confusing, and I would rather have more neutral feelings medicated than experience definite pain untreated.

1 Like

solution for that - tell a few people you have free food and music on - before you know it you have a house full of people.

1 Like

My dad is a bit like my mentor. He sets a good standard.
Works very hard and goes out and gets it. I donā€™t know how he does it. Up at 415 home at 6 or sometimes as late as 10 or later.

On the weekends always mTN biking or out hiking or exploring with my mom
Type A personality.

They generally give me the push I need to keep moving and not give up.

So i strive to emulate that ethic.

I am also pretty strong willed and a take action type of person. But the illness definitely is a big hinderence to my progress

1 Like

@sleepybug as an entrepreneur . Running a small business can be draining and also a bit lacking in social time. But it also has its freedom rewards.

During that period early on, I went and briefly worked for a few different companies 1 large and others small. Got experience both environments. I liked the social aspect of more employees.

Iā€™ve had a small business for approx 8 years. With between 1 to 3 employees throughout and also solo times.
Iā€™m moving on from it at year end though. Good money but not the line of work I want to continue in (building maintenance company)

Going back to school for software development. Later I want to run a startup in that type of work.

Keep at it, maybe join a group on meetup.com thereā€™s lots of groups on there :blush:

1 Like

I thought you were very young.

I do not have employees yet but thereā€™s a huge potential. I freelance mainly but itā€™s considered a small business. I have an ecommerce shop too.

1 Like

I am 28 so I am relatively young still :blush:

Thatā€™s awesome to hear. I love hearing about what other entrepreneurs are up to :blush:

1 Like

If you get involved with some sort of meetup.com group that has similar minded people it may bring you some satisfaction and motivation.

1 Like

I had a mentor when I was in college. He was the professor for my thesis. I havenā€™t talked with him recently except when he told me of someone to contact for a job opportunity.

I will totally check it out asap

1 Like