Mentor 🍀 And guidance

Do you have a mentor?

I have a partner but he does not have a strong character. I need some guidance in my life. I’m tired of taking all decisions by myself and doing everthing on my own. I need my parents. I live an ocean apart and they need my help. How can I find a wise mentor who will help me in my life?!

I don’t know if i should decrease my med, change my med, quit smoking, get a job or grow my business. I don’t know if i should leave everything and go back to my hometown. Im drinking too much and my med blocks the happiness out of me. I’m obsessive and anxious. I should exercise more, i have gained 15 pounds in 10 months.

I don’t have a mentor just family…most of the time they don’t do anything for me though. I would have loved to have a mentor when younger. I don’t know how you find one though. I thought you could just ask someone or they would offer but it doesn’t work that way, at least never did for me.

Can you call and talk to your parents?

1 Like

Yea but they are dumb

1 Like

I’m sorry i love my parents to death but they hurt me a lot. My dad does not even have a job anymore, i support them financially. My mom is always sick. I was born in the wrong family. They taught me values which i wish i didnt know. Miserable people are much happier than me

1 Like

understand. :smile:
I wouldn’t do anything about med changes without talking to your doc first. It also sounds like there are issues in your relationship if you can’t rely on them. If your parents need your help and you kind of need their’s, maybe that would solve a lot if you did move back.

Yeah it’s a war. For the past 2 years ive been pondering if i should move back and be around my family. I can not be on my own. But i have a partner here and i love him a lot. I live a great life and can do a lot here. So i have great comfort plus medical follow up. The comfort is making me stay here plus im emotionally attached to him

I was asked to be a mentor once. I had just shared an insightful short story detailing my entire life with a friend, her response to which was to ask me to be her life mentor. I’m not big on being in a position of authority, so I countered by offering myself as a “life diplomat”, which she accepted. We are still very good friends.

Aside from already knowing someone, I don’t know how one goes about finding a mentor.

I have a lot of friends and wise friends and brilliant friends but something in my life is just not right. My sister says i need to become reborn christian to fill the gap. I dont know what to do. Maybe tomorrow morning i will feel okay

I think that finding some form of a spiritual community can be very helpful to recovery, and helpful in terms of one’s day to day outlook and behavior. It’s all about finding the right one for you. Maybe becoming a reborn Christian would fill the gap, but maybe some other form of spirituality would suit you more. If you find the right spiritual community your desire for a mentor may come to be fulfilled as part of that.

Yeah maybe. I wasn’t like this.
I used to meditate and do yoga then i flipped. I pray sometimes but i feel like a zombie

Maybe you need an overall goal for direction in your life and add meaning to what you do.

1 Like

99% of people i know tell me i should have a kid. As if i could

What do YOU want?

I have no idea. You are right there is no meaning in my life

1 Like

I guess this bothers me but it does not bother my partner. He lives a meaningless life too. We cant have kids, we eat a lot. I am dead inside

Books are my mentors. AA is my mentor. Tons of people in AA are my mentors. People on this board are my mentors. I have a ton of “little mentors” but I don’t believe in being mentored by one individual to an extensive extent. But identifying healthy people and taking after them and learning from them is my mentor.

4 Likes

My whole life lol

1 Like

Why can’t you have kids?

I cant read and lotsa people help me but i guess i need to find some sort of meaning i guess