Melatonin for sleep

Has anyone taken it for sleep? I did last night and didn’t like it at all! My body felt more relaxed, but I felt like I was in a half asleep/half awake state. I kept thinking “Is this real?” as I was I think dreaming. I just kept thinking this and didn’t like it. I bet I was sleep talking a lot, but who knows. I won’t be trying that again.

I have taken melatonin for a cuple of times and every time I got a strange feeling from this supplement. I was excited and halfsleeping half awaken all the time.

I suspect that the antipsychotics and melatonin interact a lot so make them a bad combination for sleep.

1 Like

I have taken it before…it really doesn’t do anything for me. I still have problems falling a sleep sometimes even if I take it or not.

1 Like

My bf takes it nightly and swears by it. I think also the routine of popping a pill and going to bed starts a habit of going to sleep quicker, i read that somewhere maybe Mental Floss.

1 Like

Melatonin helps me and my hubby a lot however with my son it tends to give him more vivid and bad dreams. I have a theory that a part of the brain that usually shuts down in sleep doesn’t always for some who are diagnosed and melatonin may make this worse. Also people tend to take higher doses when 1-3 mg should do it. 3 mg tends to keep me awake and cause really bad dreams. I only take 1 or 1.5 mg.

1 Like

The tablet I took was 3mg. Yeah, I think that’s what it was, just really vivid dreams. They seemed real and it was weird and confusing. They were so real feeling that I would almost wake up and think it had happened. Made for a long night.

I’ve taken melatonin for a few months now to help me sleep, it’s worked like a charm. The only side effect is extremely bizzare dreams, the strangest dreams I’ve ever had in my life. I take 5mg before bed.

I am taking 20mg now and it really help me sleep. 10mg it just not enough for me. Finally i can get off benzo and have a good sleep :smile:

1 Like