Risperdal

0 voters

Saphris

0 voters

Seroquel

0 voters

Zyprexa

0 voters

Also share your experiences if you want!!

2 Likes

I voted with the high number as better, was not sure which was which

1 Like

I’ve never taken taken Geodon, Clozaril or Saphris, but I’ve been on all the others. Abilify is the best one for me. Perhaps Zyprexa or Seroquel would be good, too, if they didn’t cause me unbearable akathisia.

1 Like

That’s the way I voted, makes sense that way.

I’ll go to the drug store and test some of these meds so I can rate them. be right back, people. :wink: :dark_sunglasses:

just kidding…

I don’t want to die. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Abilify as an AP was terrible, I’d give it a 0/10. Did nothing for my psychotic symptoms, just gave me a ton of bad side effects. As a mood stabilizer I’d give it a higher score, like a 7/10, because even though it had crap side effects it did really pull me out of depression when used as a side with Zoloft. I crashed like crazy when I went off it.

Latuda I gave a low score because mostly bad side effects and it did still help w my psychotic symptoms but the side effects just made it not worth it.

Risperdal I gave a 9 because it was fantastic with almost no side effects and was the most effective at managing my symptoms. Couldn’t give it a 10 because I did gain weight on it and it made my prolactin too high so I had to go off it.

Abilify is the only one I’ve had that has come with zero side effects for me. Just goes to show how differently we all react to these meds.

4 Likes

Risperdal was the worst. It stopped my period and I have a benign micro adnoma in my brain. Plus it didn’t work. Seroquel caused tremendous weight gain and when I stopped it caused horrible panic attacks. Plus the sedation would freak me out.

Abilify was up there with the worst. I couldn’t sit still. It was the worst feeling and it didn’t touch my symptoms.

I liked Saphris because it helped me sleep, was good for my symptoms, and I only had to take it once a day. The only problem with it was I gained a lot of weight quickly.

Right now I’m on Geodon and Latuda. I don’t have any side effects and my symptoms are managed well. The only downside is Geodon requires 500 calories twice a day. With trying to lose weight this year it makes it tough. I’m doing well though. I’ve lost 70lbs since January and quit smoking in July. :sunny:

3 Likes

Abilify I had weight gain, extra anxiety, and no help with my psychosis; risperdal was great at knocking out my paranoia, hallucinations, and delusions but was so sedating, as was seroquel. So far rexulti result has had zero side effects and has been as effective as risperdal was in keeping away paranoia, hallucinations, and delusions. I’d give rexulti a 10 if it was a choice.

1 Like

It’s all trial and error. Meds affect everyone differently. One person’s cure is another’s downfall.

1 Like

@everhopeful is right.
Can’t really rate these meds because everyone’s experience will be different.

You really have to ask yourself @sleepybug, what exactly am I trying to accomplish with these meds.

The best person to ask is your psychiatrist.

All of these meds work basically the same way, it’s just a matter of dealing with the side effects.

Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

I voted as number 1 as a bad mad and up to ten a great med.

2 Likes

They’re all ■■■■ as far as I’m concerned, waiting for iti-007.

1 Like

Abilify gave me yellow skin tics tardive asthakia weight gain insomnia and drooling did nothing for my symptoms and I’m back on it great
Risperdone took a while to work but gave me enlarged breasts ed de basically high prolactin and weight gain
Olanzapine was shlt took it for 2 weeks and changed med it made me hear outside voices

Man if they could just figure out how to make a version of Latuda that doesn’t cause akathisia, I’d be golden.

It’s difficult to rate medications, for me, because for example there might be a medication that is 90% the bomb, but the 10% downsides are very significant, which was the case for me with Latuda. So how do I rate that, really?

For me Latuda totally hit the mark on multiple things: depression lifted, mind mostly cleared, sleep cycle mostly normalized, symptoms like paranoia mostly alleviated, no weight gain, no sexual side effects, no loss of creativity or cognitive functioning. But the akathisia probably would have driven me to violence if I had stayed on it.

I would like to try latuda, only issue is I don’t know if it is strong enough for my case, my version of the disease needs strong meds or high dose meds. In your opinion is latuda an effective med, if so at what doses? Also do you find it difficult to eat enough when you take it and does the nutrient content of your meal effect how effective the medication is? How long until it wears off? Is there any med you could compare it to? These are a few of the questions I have about latuda.

I do best on a lone wolf, loxapine.

Some say it works like an atypical but I don’t know why they say that plus it breaks down into an AD, amoxipine.

I’m on Latuda. 40 Mgs keeps my symptoms under control. Aside from stiffness, loss of libido and some weight gain it’s not too bad. It’s definitely better than all the other ones I’ve been on but not sure how I would handle a large dose of it.

1 Like

I can not believe why most people voted for one on ten?/

This is ridiculous.

You forgot Invega!

1 Like