Medicinal marijuana question

A couple of points here.

1. Generally - marijuana / cannabis has been strongly linked to increased risk and faster onset of schizophrenia / psychosis for some portion of the population. See the research here:

1. Yes - there seems to be one compound Cannabidiol (CBD) in marijuana that seems to be helpful for some symptoms of schizophrenia - and companies are developing drugs that provide this chemical and are testing it to see how it works. Early trials have been positive but its still early.

2. Just smoking marijuana / cannabis with higher levels of CBD or taking CBD oil is not likely to be a reasonable option. The amount you have to smoke / take - is very high and the cost would be something like $300 a day at current rates - to get the amount you need. So don’t waste your time on this.

My recommendation - is watch for the clinical trials by GW PHarma and see how it goes. If this works, it will likely be covered by insurance.

See these discussions:

2 Likes

This bill is not perfect, folks, but it’s what Ohio patients need," Yuko told colleagues Wednesday evening. “If we can give just one veteran comfort, if we can ease just one cancer patient’s pain, if we can save one child’s life, this bill will be worth it.”

That must not mean anything to you cause your so anti marijuana you can’t see the benifets that it could save a child’s life. You want a child to be on antipysotic medications and have to suffer through all the side effects. You don’t want them to live a better life or what.

These topics are hard on those of us who struggled with MJ addiction and still have cravings.

1 Like

Wow you do a little medicinal marijuana in a controlled environment at home like your supposed to do your going to hungry eat up all the food then go to bed.

A ciggerete is addicting cause you smoke more and more. Pot doesn’t make you say omg I got to have that hit and keep smoking like a ciggerete.

Even though I have stopped smoking weed, I have to disagree…pot makes you crave it if you smoke it enough? I have been quit for about two months now and I still miss it but I do not seek it out. If mmj ever becomes legal in my state I will probably pick it up again because it helps with my back pain.

hile some experts caution that the effects of the drug on child development are unknown, others point out that the same is true for other medications used to fight pain and nausea that are currently given to children with cancer, as well as for powerful antipsychotic drugs that are used in long-term treatment of childhood mental illness (Szalavitz, 2012). Morphine, oxycodone (OxycontinÂŽ), and other opioid drugs that are sometimes used to treat the severe pain that accompanies life-threatening cancer and other diseases can cause overdoses.

Addiction rates are often lower with marijuana than those with opioid drugs, and the severe physical withdrawal symptoms associated with opioids are not seen with marijuana. Opioids can cause nausea and vomiting, while marijuana reduces the risk of these symptoms that frequently occur as side effects of radiation or chemotherapy (

So tell me how is a antipysotic safer and how is marijuana so addicting.

You’re letting your desire for marijuana cloud your judgement. Lots of marijuana research shows that high THC marijuana actually increases the incidence of psychosis and schizophrenia - see the research - dozens and dozens of studies, many more than show its helpful. So - please, have a more balanced view on this.

Read the research before you try counter it with the marijuana reseller propaganda.

2 Likes

It sure as hell does. Been 24 years since my last toke and I still crave it. Keep that evil @#$% outta my face. Anyone coming near me with a joint will get pimp slapped into oblivion.

Edit: Didn’t realize thread was closed – one of the quirks of being a mod.