Medication Question

I notice a lot of people saying that certain meds causes delusions/hallucinations for them. My symptoms have been getting WAY better, not perfect but nowhere near as bad as they were. When I go to my first appointment and get a prescription, are the meds likely to cause a psychosis relapse? Because that scares.

2 Likes

There will always be anti meds factions…
Don’t listen … the only thing saving our lives and allowing us to reason

It’s much more likely that you’ll get better.

1 Like

I’m not at all anti-med (most of the time), but I probably come across that way sometimes.

I want my body and mind to feel as though they’re actually mine again. I want to feel secure knowing that the things I think and feel are totally private, and that my thoughts and feelings are safe from others. I miss the comfort of privacy, of feeling able to have secrets from others. I took for granted the sanctity of my own mind when I was younger, and I miss it very much so as an adult. My thoughts/feelings may be safe but it doesn’t usually feel that way, I spend 90% of my time nervous to the point that relaxing too much sometimes causes an anxiety response. How backwards is that? I should probably copy this into a note for my psychiatrist.

I can barely remember the last time that I felt safe. Or even how to feel safe.

You’ll feel better. Medication and therapy is the way to go. You’re very much in touch with logic and reason, that’s a very good thing for your prognosis.

Be patient. When is your appointment? I forgot, sorry. November?

1 Like

It’s in November, second week of the month I think. Earliest appointment I could schedule. I should try to see a therapist before that.

1 Like

It’s almost there, three weeks. If you can, do that. Therapy has helped me immensely!

Of all the people here, I have a gut feeling that your experiences were similar to my own. Idk why I said that, just an observation. But idk why I say most things. Comforting maybe. It gives me some something that resembles confidence.

I don’t know… I wasn’t as recovery oriented as you before I got medicated, I was forcefully hospitalized, court ordered to take injections, deep into psychosis wanting to be there… When I had thought broadcasting I didn’t seek help, I thought I had special powers, although I was in deep distress.

I lived like that for years, in denial that it was an illness. And it’s hard to shake, even after those “special powers” became “hellish torture.” If this is a power I don’t want it lol.

I always have this resistance with the phrase “sorry,” like it’s difficult to express it sincerely in text, but I’m sorry that you went through that. It seems like the people who suffer the worst from these things are the people who deserve it the least.

And I’m worried that this post won’t reach you as intended.

:slight_smile: Thank you for the kind words. I’m also sorry you’re suffering right now, but you’re attitude is very commendable. You’ll pull through.

1 Like

I don’t think any anti-psychotic, other than Abilify, would be likely to. When they first doubled my dose of buproprion, like I asked them to, I was getting pretty spooky for a while, but that went away.