Medication makes me boring

you are awesome buddy :o)

I am kidding, but seriously you are not boring. Hope you have a goodnight!

2 Likes

Gee thanks @MissMermaid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The whole illness is boring.

1 Like

I miss being bubbly and extroverted.

1 Like

Happened to me for a while but then it wore off. I donā€™t know if my alogia was due to the damage from the psychosis or if it was imposed by the meds but I can talk now and I like that.

Wow looks like your psy didnā€™t took it very seriously!

I have never been psychotic and I still have the same side effects as you.

As I said, these side effects were not present in my case while I was sick, and they appeared as soon as I began to take the antipsychotic for the first time. I donā€™t know for you, but Iā€™m 100% sure it is a side effects of the antipsychotic.

Good luck. Let us know if you have an idea or if you have improvements.

Mmmā€¦ Iā€™m very unlikely to take off my clothes and set them on fire. Pretty dull.

Here is a quote from the French Wikipedia page about antipsychotics (translated to English):

ā€œBy reducing monoaminergic activity, neuroleptics (antipsychotics) decrease the intensity of emotions: fear, joy, anger, love, desire, combativity, others. They slow down the psyche, including imaginative and intuitive functions. [ā€¦] Under neuroleptics, the facets of the patientā€™s personality can be altered.ā€

This is exactly how I feel since Iā€™m taking the antipsychotic: very few emotions and imagination and a change in my personality. This is what happens when you are taking a medication that has such powerful effects on the brain and you donā€™t need at all your emotions and your imagination to be decrease, which is my case.

I will bring this quote from Wikipedia next time I will see my psychiatrist.
The question is can I really live without an antipsychotic?! This is really a problem.

Please note that I donā€™t want to influence you, to tell you that you should not take an antipsychotic.

Have you tried switching meds? Which med were you put on in the hospital?

Im sorry you guys have to go through this.

Hey I was hit pretty much at 8 years old with poverty of speech and I had no one to tell me what I was going through. I thought it swas my fault or something but I still had that hope for recovering from this thing. Fastforward 2017 and Iā€™m taking medication for it! Abilifyā€¦ Let me assure you it is the illness. It will unwind, wind, wiggle and rattle you to your core if you let it.

3 Likes

I was first on Zyprexa then I have been moved on Abilify because of the side effects I described in my post. It didnā€™t helped so much. Then I have been moved on Saphris because I had a breakdown. Saphris is one of the antipsychotic which are known to give the less side effects and Iā€™m on the lowest dosage possible, and even with that, Iā€™m still having side effects and I feel the medication has a too much powerful effect on my brain.

Despite my mental illness made me extremely sick, I think that the antipsychotic dosages are too high and inappropriate for me. The dosages are right for many people but not for me. But still I need to take this medication, so I donā€™t have so much choice because I canā€™t live without taking it.

1 Like

Yeah you must be extra sensitive to them. I hope you find a drug/dose that works for you.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m boring. But I listen to my old music I made and I had so much more emotion. It was right when I started meds my downfall in music. My career was over before it started. I think people would have guessed I could have made it on the path I was on based on the music alone but then I fell off when I started meds. Might make some compilation album later of my old music before meds.

I likely was boring the heck out of everyone when I was talking more so that isnā€™t a problem with me.

Not sure :thinking: really.
I do as much stuff as my friendsā€¦ But once someone said I was not fun