Medication defiiance

Lately I have a defiance towards taking my meds. I don’t want to. I’m angry about them. It takes willpower to force myself to take them. I hate that I’ll likely be on meds forever. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

I got them to leave me just on my AP, so if we ignore vitamins then I just take 1x Olanzapine (ZYPREXA) 15mg tablet each night!

So I don’t have a problem with it, as it’s minimally intrusive!

2 Likes

I just take 1 abilify pill a day AP wise. I get a headache if I forget so that’s an incentive in it’s self. I have a poor support network so that pill is all that stands in the way of me and big trouble.

I’m currently on 20mg of abilify along with two other meds to control the bipolar part. I have to take zopiclone and clonazepam to get sleep most nights. Sometimes I try without those with success. I’m currently in the waiting room waiting for my Dr. Hoping for good results. He’s so kind to me.

i feel that way about all treatment. There was a time i simply had no place to go for treatment. I did find one place for treatment but was not accepted as i had not been court orderrd there. They made a less than half hearted attempt and purposely twisted the situation and treated be badly to deny services. They also discouraged me coming back by making it clear they would misdiagnose me and think and report (falsly) the worst they passably could.

When i moved, i got a chance for treatment (real treatment). However, i had fought those last people so hard, my mindset was not where it needed to be. I retained, so far, my ability to get medicine. The counselling i lost even here. it was my own fault as i did not realize what ecactly was happening. Everytime the therapist said something i did not agree with, it went bad(for me.)

It comes down to noncompliance, resistance, or as you say defiance. I rejected all the help put in front of me from that person because of past bad experience.

No one likes their medicine. In time, if we want to have an easier and better life, we will accept the help in front of us of those who truely wish to help. That help will not always be perfect, or right on the first try. if we reject it we may be pushing away a shot at doing better.

Sometimes when I’m arranging my pills for the week, I just think how many pills that is to take in a week. I think about what my father said, “You can’t go through life medicated.”