#me too on social media

Evolution happens and hardwiring can be changed. Sitting back and saying this is how it was meant to be will never fix anything. Saying that guys are just biologically programmed to be this or that and there’s no doing anything about it is really demeaning and is saying they are basically animals incapable of controlling their behavior or self reflection.

Thank you. I appreciate the support. I could only wish it never happened.

1 Like

@anon1571434 I am sorry but you can’t say "Men are so and so"
because each man is different.
I have nothing against you personally but you can’t speak for other men
because each man is different.

1 Like

Wait… how does one go about asking another on a date… if unrelated compliment+ asking for a date is considered harassment… i agree on your stance on it… the overreactions of some are making it more difficult for the serious cases…

1 Like

Women are now being told that any approach that is unwelcome or makes them feel uncomfortable is harassment. I am not entirely sure how I feel about this, and this is probably controversial but I think everyone whether male or female is going to have social interactions in their life that make them feel uncomfortable. This doesn’t necessarily mean they’re being harassed. If however the individual COMMUNICATES CLEARLY to the other that they feel uncomfortable or are not interested in the interaction and the other person PERSISTS and IGNORES that they are uncomfortable then that crosses the line into harassment.

4 Likes

@Anna I am not saying that will never happen. I am saying that a woman will not be able to change how men are. I’ve seen men raised by nothing but woman turning out to be an actual sleaze, or just hate men.

Men and woman are different. A woman’s perspective is important, I’m not trying to take away from that, but men figure things out differently. We are biologically different, there’s no helping that. I’m not trying to be demeaning. Even transgenders have remnants of their former self.

@Chess24 Then you cannot say I am wrong correct? Are you not trying to speak for other men? Or even tell me what I should speak, do, ect?

Yeah I’m very aware guys and girls are different. I think that’s being ignored a lot today in favor of equality. Latest research suggests we may not be quite as different as previously thought, HOWEVER there is one major difference between men and women and that is in how we communicate. I believe this basic misunderstanding of communication between the sexes is what leads to so much conflict.

Same thing happens with different cultures too, basically the whole Vietnamese war happened (or rather continued to happen) because of misunderstandings in communication. I always see joke videos made by guys like “how to translate women speech” or frustrated videos by girls like “how can guys be so dumb and not get this!” I think if maybe just like how when kids are young many schools give them the puberty talk explaining how boys and girls bodies are different, they added in how boys and girls communicate differently it could really have potential for change.

I have had many guy and girl friends and just end up shocked by how badly they misunderstand each other all the time.

1 Like

@anon1571434 I am saying that it is wrong to make generalizations.
If you take 100 different men and put them in the same situation each man will act differently.
People behave differently, they have different values and beliefs and they have different brains.
What I am saying is that it is wrong to make sweeping statements regarding all men like you did
and I totally stand by it.

1 Like

People behave differently yes, but as Anna has stated, Men and Women have their own ways to communicate that are separated by gender. Men have their way to communicate (which is more explicit) and Women have their way to communicate (which is less explicit). So I can make generalizations as I did because I know about it.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. Take 100 different men and put them in the same situation they will act differently. Take 100 men all from different countries and put them in the same situation and they will act even more differently. But to the original group there is a degree of sameness. Each man is different but we all hold one thing in common, we are still men.

@anon1571434 I prefer a more explicit method of communication.
But I believe it is a personal matter rather than a gender one.
Further, you claim that what interests men is their own interests.
Well I agree that what motivates a lot of people is their self interest, like status in society money etc.
But I think it’s a human issue rather than a gender one.
Women also pursue their own interests no less than men.
Actually the gaps between us are not that big,
I just put less of an emphasis on gender than you.

1 Like

True I would like to confirm that as a woman, I would also like to acquire a lot of resources :joy: Historically we may have had to go about it in a bit of a different way than guys due to social restrictions but same basic desire there.

1 Like

Well there are always outliers to statistics. That does not make the majority an exception. This undermines our very concept we have come to be brought up to know as democracy in America I know, but still we have those things that tie us together.

I did not say that. However that does not make it untrue. Every person has their degree of which they pursue their own interests. Some people pursue other people’s interests for various reasons. So you see their is still the level of sameness no matter which way you go on that scale.

To bring this back to the original topic, I do believe that their should be something done about the rape, molestation, ect. I just don’t think we are to the point yet where we have a solution that works for everybody. Men are animals, so are woman. Lots of bad things happen in the animal kingdom. It’s not something people like to hear sometimes but it’s just how it is. We evolved to be this way. We have to evolve better and we have a lot of to do. It’s got to be in the right direction, and taking slow careful steps is the most effective way to do so.

I think it is important for men and women to talk about these issues in the open. The scandal which is swirling around Hollywood and the entertainment industry at the moment is the right time to be discussing this. For too long men and women have been forced to stay silent about their ordeals of harassment in their every day working life. Perpetrators of casual misogyny and abuse have been able to behave with impunity for decades. This is a very sensitive subject. Readdressing the balance is entirely justified.

I agree with @anon9798425 I bet most women thought of serious harassment they’ve been through but if you write “me too” thinking about that day when a boy lift your skirt in 4th grade…c’mon.
Its all being such a spectacle these days. Blessed be mr.Baudrillard seeing it long time ago.

How does a woman determine if it’s sexual harassment or not?
Depends on if she likes him or not.
If he approaches her and she likes him, it’s ok.
If she don’t like him, then it’s sexual harassment.

Wish I was joking, but it’s not a joke.
No matter how much attention is focused on “sexual harassment awareness” we never seem to be getting any closer to doing anything productive to stop it.

I’m walking down a pathway one day, a young gal stops in front of me to tie her shoe, she is wearing a skirt and exposing herself and starts to yell at her friend. , this guy is looking up my skirt. It was obvious she did it on purpose.

At a BBQ, everyone is drinking (except me) she is drunk and interested in some guy, her X is at the BBQ, he makes a comment about it, she picks up the phone and calls the cops, they remove him and throw him in jail, she goes for the other guy.

My heart goes out to those truly abused, There are many that do things and wake up the next morning WTH was I thinking, they end up hating the other person then shout abuse, either for that reason or maybe it just turned out not the way they dreamed it.

In my drinking days I used to hear people tell stories on what happened at the bar or party and often it was twisted from what really went on. Abuse is a very serious problem, sadly though made up versions are easily used as weapons to get even with others

There should be clear lines on what sexual harassment is, not just getting hit on by someone you don’t like

1 Like

I think if you (not personally) falsely accuse someone of sexual misconduct and it’s proven they didn’t, then the liar needs to spend some time in jail.
It shouldn’t be so easy to ruin someone’s life and not be punished for it.

It’s been my experience that a lot of women get upset when you don’t make some kind of advance on her. It really hurts them. The trick is knowing when and how. As for this guy asking this woman out - no, I don’t see that as sexual harassment. It was crude and awkward, though, and I wouldn’t blame her for turning him down.

I have a friend who was dating this girl and one time he said no to sex… lord almighty she went into a rage over that… so the lesson is don’t turn women down for sex if you’re a man, don’t do it

1 Like