Marilyn Monroe

What is you opinion about Marilyn Monroe?

Do you like her?

1 Like

I like her.

I went to an exhibition of her belongings and I found it creepy and exploitative.

1 Like

I never really found her attractive I have to admit :confused:

4 Likes

I don’t see what all the hype about her was

4 Likes

Yeah I didn’t find her attractive either.

4 Likes

When I was young I thought she was really beautiful. Really liked her platinum blonde hair and beauty mark

1 Like

I think she was assassinated though

3 Likes

She was a beautiful lady,

But she had a super sad life.

And I’m with @anon20613941, she was probably killed by some Eddie Mannix type dude.

1 Like

I admire her brand of feminity. She was smart (as a fox) before being smart was popular for women.

Yes, she played the her part well, as a “dumb blond”. Yet, she was much like in SNL star that The Man On The Moon movie was about. She was the original to make a persona character even off set, even though she made no profit from playing "Marlyn Monroe off set.

Shr did for sexy scenes what charlie chaplin did for comedy. She knew how to use expression and body language. She was very talented.

1 Like

Said some neat things occasionally… more or less famous to me for no reason aside from sleeping with the president.

1 Like

I noticed what you say about her body language and expression. It is very iconic of her in my opinion too. I had never seen her movies and watching it, it is the first thing I noticed. How she moved very gracefully. She is lovely. Not sure off stage but even the musical she did, her dancing movements were a first for me to see in such a way.

Next time I visit NYC I will see a broadway show.

1 Like

she slept with the president or is that a rumour?

More of a rumor I suppose… but it entertains me to believe it.

Andy Kaufman was an interesting comic. A real pioneer. His antics were hilarious.

I don’t know much about Marilyn Monroe to have an opinion, but she was successful for a reason. That was an era when stars were self-made, less in the way of promotion industry to prop them up. So for that reason she’s got to have been special.

1 Like

Many people do not know Norma played the character of Marlyn in public.

Everyone always thought Marlyn was Norma.

Many said she could switch Marlyn off and on like a light and it was astounding to see because…no one really knew Norma, only Marlyn.

yes, I love Andey Kaufman too. Lol

"Here to save the day

She had the reputation of being the epitome of the dumb blonde stereotype but she was actually quite intelligent and shrewd. And not only that but her success was not all due to being a sex symbol but she was actually quite a great comedic actress. Incidentally, she was the very first Playmate of the Month when the first issue of Playboy magazine came out. I think it was called “Sweetheart of the Month” or something in that first issue.

Candle in the Wind
Elton John
Goodbye Norma Jean
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the treadmill
And they made you change your name
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

But to the Kennedy’s she was just an object to be conquered sexually and passed between themselves.

1 Like

I always found her moderately attractive. She does have an appeal to me. But she seems a little artificial, kind of like an aluminum Christmas tree. Granted, aluminum Christmas trees can be very beautiful, but I prefer something a little more natural.

2 Likes
4 Likes

love the curves. I so like 60’s body style with a bit of meat!

I think that was realistically beautiful for women. Much better than the heroin chick of today!

4 Likes

I saw the playboy shoots… they were alright!

Yeah pop icon to the extreme though. I think Audrey Hepburn had more of a look I can appreciate.

Looks real sharp you know… totally opposite of what you were saying.

2 Likes