Marijuanah?

could the use of weed improve schizophrenic patients? i tried it once a few weeks ago, and i actually laughed (real laughs) for. the first time and i wasnt hearing voices because of the high.? but the aftercome made me lazier than already am. any advice? the voices came back after though

Ok, so generally the answer to recreational drugs for us is a firm “No.” Just ask E. Fuller Torrey, an expert medical doctor on schizophrenia. He literally said that the answer to illegal drugs for schizophrenics is “NO.” He’s written several editions of a schizophrenia manual that is very useful yet a bit pessimistic- he titled his book “Surviving Schizophrenia”; well, I do more than survive and just exist, I do well and live well despite having a severe case of chronic paranoid schizophrenia. I find the general medical opinion to be very condescending and treat us patients like we are retarded children, which we are not, most paranoid schizophrenics have above average intelligence.

You seem to be affected differently by THC. Well that’s rare, it makes most of us worse. I wouldn’t toke if I were you, you will get psychologically addicted and blow money on it (weed is expensive). I would take antipsychotics instead like I do. Antipsychotics and caffeine start my day, and my days are remarkably healthy and productive. Maybe what works for me might just work for you.

1 Like

It seems most people with schizophrenia are adversely affected by smoking marijuana. And mortimers right:it’s expensive. Some people claim marijuana is good for them. I don’t know about that; I think some people are fooling themselves as to all the effects of marijuana. I know in my “drug days” I certainly was. Smoking it felt a little neat and I thought it was cool to smoke it, but the price was extreme paranoia and psychosis. But I carried on smoking it nevertheless until I quit all drugs in 1990. But I hope my post doesn’t make you figure, “Well, this guys case is extreme and unique so therefore I can smoke it without harm”. My case is NOT unique.

2 Likes

Studies have It could cause schizophrenia.

So maybe its bad for the schizophrenic it seems popular belief is the only medication for it is synthetic medication provided by the pharmaceutical companies.

And that stuff will eventually cure you also.

Marijuana makes me think too much.

1 Like

If you want to know the truth about weed watch the movie “Marijuana Madness” its kinda old but its common belief that its the truth.

First let me say that I am an addict. I used to abuse alcohol and especially weed. Weed caused my divorce, and left me in financial ruin. It may seem harmless but given enough time with it, it can, like many substances, cause havoc.

1 Like

I have heard some schizophreics were prescribed medical marijuana and said it was working for them on these forums but got all kinds of poeple disagreeing with them. If it helps it helps. If I smoked medical marijuana I would hope it helped me with motivation to get out of bed and live, work, get things done and taken care of and enjoy my life and hobbies and maybe a relationship.

OK… I have to admit… when high… of course I felt great.

But coming down got a little worse each time… of course… I’d have to smoke a bit more each time to stave off the paranoia and anxiety from not being high… so when I came down again… it was a little lower each time…

I’m happy to say… my high times are over. Don’t miss it.

I don’t mess with it anymore. It costs too much. Maybe if I had a million dollars to support the addiction I would try it again but doubt that would happen. I’d stay away from it though, it’s bad for us.

I usually get a really delayed reaction to everything. Like if I hear something I think about “did that person just speak?” Or I see someone move but then I’m realising they just moved and then it’s as if I miss the next movement and realise they have moved again. So sound and sight is very delayed. Basically like Dejavu non stop and being confused. Then I think way to much about it.

So I would say it is probably not good for me. Sure it can be fun but I think in the longterm it’s no good for myself. It may provide an initial mood boost but that about it. The rest is not very helpful just confusing and potential for paranoia for me.

1 Like

Its just another bad habit. I wouldnt start doing it…it becomes hard to quit.

1 Like

I agree. Going through life with altered perceptions from either schizophrenia or marijuana is not easy. And other drugs are bad for you too. But a combination of marijuana and schizophrenia can be dangerous mentally. Smoking pot as an adult is a different type of problem rather than smoking it as a kid.

1 Like

Don’t you wanna, marijuana

It odd when I hear or see how it effect people who don’t have a mental illness. One cousin of mine who is a few years older still lives in the basement of his family home…

He’s a proud self professed slacker. Neruotypical but no girlfriend, no real job, happy to live on the sofa…

He might have started off with no mental illness… but I wonder what a doc would make of him now… after years and years of heavy pot smoking.

1 Like

i tried it a couple years ago. and it sure didnt helped me.
made me hyper aware and close to a pschychotic episode

1 Like

smoked it from the age of 14 right up to 18,then broke down it played a big part in my demise

1 Like

ever get tired of waking up on the floor, no think you please it only makes me snize then it make it hard to find the door.

1 Like

Don’t do it. It made my spouse lazy. He slept like he was in a coma. You might be come addicted to it and you will crave more of it to calm you down once you get off the high. By the way THC stores in your fat cells.

1 Like