Making a goal of a state of being

Often, we write about goals in terms of activities but I am thinking that first we need to have a firm, positive state of being before we can be moved into action. To correct the thoughts that we are worthless and then we will be able to see clearly that which needs to be done and we will have the power to work toward resolving those difficulties. Poop goes in a toilet, not the whole baby.

1 Like

Hmmm most of us talk about it here…It’s called therapy

But is still a day to day improvement and things like self esteem can be greatly increased by just feeling part of the community. That can be just a small part time or casual job. Or even volunteering work for a few hours a week.

So goals should be

S- Specific
M- Measurable
A- Attainable
R-Realistic
T-Timely

Lately I’ve been thinking about being responsible to myself. Is this way of doing, thinking (ususally) bad for me - good for me? Do I want to keep doing this? And if not work on making changes a little at a time.

Or maybe we could say we’re responsible to ourselves whether we want to be or not.

You can know at some times if what you’re doing is bad for you. I don’t know that much about good. And I ask myself if I want to keep doing this? Sometimes I can answer yes or no.