Lowering the Risperdal

I came back from the pdoc today she told me that I can lower my dose of Risperdal from 2.5mg down to 2mg - I swear I want to continue going lower and take a wait and see approach. she said that I will stay at 2mg for a while before she lowers it more - I honestly dont know if she wants to go lower than 2mg - we shall see how it goes I guess.
She also said that she wants to see me once a month instead of every 2 weeks - she said that I should take this as a sign of some success on my part. If my depression gets worse - she may raise the Lamictal dose a bit next time I see her.
This lady takes on a very direct and no nonsense approach

2 Likes

i hope you get off it, that stuff is poison

1 Like

@cactustomato were you on it before? did you get off of it

yeah that drug caused me all kinds of issues. gynecomastia and tarditive dyskinesia. im off all meds now. whats sad is its one of the safest meds even though it causes pituatary tumors.

Yeah I think I’m going to cut my dose in half soon after a couple more weeks and trip to the pdoc. go down to 4 mg a day. It never really seemed to help me that much, but maybe I don’t remember or know how bad things got. My reality was ripped apart I know that much, I had to rebuild myself.

Well I wish you luck buddy - I do know that I stopped losing weight on this med - i cannot go lower than 210 lbs - it is harsh when trying to lose weight on this drug - I will go as low as possible and see what happens

have you tried abilify

Yes I was on it for many years - its a good med, a lot of people like it - it is a bit activating for some, it was for me - but it did not harm me physically - I actually lost weight on it

Risperdal is very sedative med. i cut down from 2mg to 1.25, i am not taking any other med.
Are you only on risperdal

I take risperdal as well. It seems to work ok, but I’m scared of trying other medications. My doctors tried to put me on Abilify once but it messed me up pretty bad. And I don’t have man boobs so I guess I’m alright.

1 Like

I am on Risperdal - lamictal as my mood stabilizer/antidepressant and Klonopin low dose