Loving life nowadays

I can’t believe how good life has finally turned for me? Believe me when I tell you I haven’t felt this happy since before the divorce? I love that I can live every day without feeling so damn blue. Life does change and maybe this happiness will be short lived, but the tide seems in my favor now because I stopped drinking and plan on being cigarette free starting friday. Last time I tried was about two weeks ago and I got three days stopped and then something stressful happened and I picked them up again. All I have to do is remember to watch out and be prepared for stress, but it seldom happens so I don’t think I will fail this time? Anyways, I still talk to my ex wife every day on the phone and we are just like old friends now. It’s great to be able to talk to her since she is on disability too and we just talk about politics, music and daily life things. Plus my girlfriend totally understands that me and my ex wife will always just be friends. I don’t hope to get back with her and we both are much happier now. It took me longer than her to get over the divorce, but now I am !!

11 Likes

This is great news… I admire people who can still be friends with ex’s. As long as the Ex isn’t toxic.

It’s great that life is finally headed in your direction. I’m so glad that you and your girlfriend are still together.

You two stuck through some shaky times and now… you get the happiness

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

1 Like

I’m so happy to hear of anyone on here enjoying life. I see so much suffering on here! I’m glad for you. I’m really enjoying life now too. I have friends, a part time weekend job, and I’m loving college. I have a car which is a money pit, but I’m independent and free. I’m free of psychiatrists and mental health professionals, that makes me happy. Three cheers to you! Congrats on stopping drinking, and good luck with the smoking cessation. I wish I could stop drinking so much. I hope that I’ll find a way! I wish I could just smoke a cigarette every two or three hours too! I’m jealous lol.

I am really happy for you @jukebox - I have come to some peace after my extremely emotionally charged divorce also.
It is good that you can still remain friends with your ex - I have decided to break off all ties with my ex, but my situation is different

1 Like

wow, I didn’t think I was going to hear from anyone on my great newfound happiness?! Thank you to all who replied. Yes, Wave, I feel lucky to still be friends with my ex wife. I’m sorry you aren’t. I feel like the divorce wasn’t a total loss since I got such a good friend out of it. I have my memories but I avoid them since it makes me feel blue even though they are happy memories? I think that’s really important.

1 Like

Its good that you feel happy,please pass your positive feeling to other people,more unfortunate ones and i hope you stay happy forever!!

1 Like