Looking for other artists and musicians!

now that’s an awesome idea! you guys just play local bands?

Hi Dreamy! I went to the channel but couldn’t find the videos! I just saw the subscription channels

I can go months without writing a single song. so I made it a mission to just do one album a year. every time I feel a creative burst I just sit down and write. sometimes I can get a couple songs done in a burst, sometimes only an intro or chorus. I know it can be hard to get some focus and clarity.

thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: if I’m able to get a core group going, then I plan on doing this for as long as I can. so if you are ever interested you know where to find me.

No, we only have two so it would get real old real fast. We play an eclectic mix of pop, rock, country, dance, and oldies. Also, student educational projects.

1 Like

hey guys! wanted to share our first member contribution to the network. will be sharing a very talented painter’s work soon on the channel too. I made this video for her music :smiley: still needs some work on the format, but its a good start.

Hi there, right now my music is not available because I want to sell it and do not know how. Would you trust CDBaby site?

1 Like

you could use a music aggregator like Reverbnation that will put your music on tons of different retailers. but it costs money to use this service. and you want to make sure you keep the rights to your music

they call it digital distribution, and if you subscribe to the pro membership on reverbnation, you get two free releases a year.

I’m not sure if CDBaby charges to be an artist on there, but its worth a shot. it seems like a very good website to use.

I’d be interested in this… I have made a few tracks but feel they are incomplete and perhaps a bit amateur. Sz makes collaborating difficult for me but is something I hope to do to improve my tracks. I play guitar to some extent too, but motivation lacks at the best of times so I’m not as good as I’d like to be. Nonetheless I create and practice when I can. I use Reaper.

Here’s a recent track…

want to share our first art showcase!

I’m interested, I play guitar and come up with music too, here’s probably my best song so far

2 Likes

poet and artist here looking to join up. Im actually working on a book of my works but would love to share as a jumping point for getting my work out there. Please msg me with details.

1 Like

Hi Avyon, I really like your idea. I’m a writer/poet, I think it would be cool to see some of my work with a graphic/video to complement it, I have one particular poem in mind that might work well with a video if you are interested?

1 Like

@avyon7, please stop posting your email address and asking people to email you. It violates our forum policy on anonymity.

I appreciate the work you’re doing, but if you want to organize this project on this site, you’ll have to restrict yourself to communicating on this site.

1 Like

I’m interested. I play a cheap guitar with an expensive amp. (Rather have better audio). How should I post audio/video?

1 Like

hey everyone I guess I can’t share my professional email on this site. I don’t know what I can say now, I guess look for the network on youtube and facebook. I don’t want to hold confidential conversations on a forum board, so you’ll have to find me on other social media sites. I love so many people are interested!! i’ll start a member group on facebook as well. take care everyone

@avyon7 I’m not understanding why conversations with artists and musicians on this forum would need to be of a confidential nature. :confused:

No offense, but we don’t know you from Adam. Folks on this forum ought to get to know you a little better before engaging in any collaborations.

2 Likes

I would also caution anyone looking at joining a collective to NOT sign over any rights or percentages without having a lawyer check the paperwork first. The last time I was approached about having my photography as part of an SZ exhibit, it turned out to be a scam that benefited the exhibitor and not me. Glad I had someone who knew contracts check the fine print in mine.

3 Likes

because I want to give my personal attention to each and every person wanting to contribute. this means demos of the videos will be shared, ideas will be thrown back and forth, and not everyone wants the world to see an unfinished product. can’t do all this on forums. that’s why I felt the word confidential was appropriate.

and i don’t really understand the second part. i had the privilege of DJing a mental health art hop, but i didn’t ask the owner out for lunch or ask him his life story.

there are scams on the internet, and there are honest people. i have all the credentials to do what I’m doing… its all over the internet. but i do understand. i have been the victims of scams and it was one of the worst feelings ive ever had.

but i do understand your point moonbeam.

perhaps this was the wrong place to promote what I’m trying to do. i will stop now, so be on the lookout for the network. rome wasn’t built in a day.

Again thank you everyone for the support!!! i wont be using this thread anymore.

-avyon

im sorry for my outburst, just was really proud and excited to start this up. I don’t know anything about making a business and contracts and stuff. it just doesn’t feel good to see it get shot down. I am putting all my heart and soul into this project too

I understand your guys points and I need to reevaluate my strategy. I was trying to get content first, but it seems it would be better to work on the network itself.

I really do understand the scam thing. I sent in one of my best songs to a contest. I was so happy when I saw I won that I told all my family all over the world. everyone was so excited and cheered me. next day I figure out that everyone who sends a song in wins. it was humiliating and took a while to recover. we put all of are heart into what we do, and to see someone use it for money is sickening.

so after your guys feedback which I didn’t want to hear, but needed to… I decided this will be underway and I hope one day I can share a legit and fully functioning network that schizophrenics can really use.

thank you guys. just the amount of people interested on this thread is enough for me to believe this is a worthy cause.

-avyon