Living in a small town or a large city

I am living in a small town not very far from a Finno-Russia border. You could say that I am in the middle of nowhere, but still all major businesses are international as they have always been. What about you?

1 Like

Hi I like Chekhov bulgakov and belini but I know the hero is solystenisten.

I live in town called the crossroads because two old hwys intersect here right at our water tower. But now we have new highways. It is about 5 thousand people. It is also the town I grew up in.

I live in a $hit town in the heart of the Midwest, USA. I hate it here. Working hard on getting back to a big city where I belong.

1 Like

My town went from about 20K people to well over 120K people in about25 years…There are so many new houses and new streets I feel like I have dementia and can’t find my way home from across town.

1 Like

I live in a big city, Mexico city; we have a lot of problems but people are nice.
Tolteca.

I lived in a city of nearly a million people and didn’t like it. I then moved to an acreage where the nearest hamlet had 20 people. Quite a shock and after a while the lack of population gets to you. I now live in a town of 2700 people, which feels just right to me.

Pixel.

I was born and raised and still live here in Seattle… it wasn’t a big city when I was growing up in it… but it’s become a big city.

I love it here… I just wish other people didn’t think is sounded so great.

1 Like

Twilight city the series

I live in Silicone Valley. We have everything here you could possibly want including our excellent California weather.

i live on a farm…basically surrounded by 12000 acres of sheep, cattle, kangaroos and horses.
take care :alien:

2 Likes

We’ve got your number. :wink:

Pixel.

2 Likes

Out in the suburbs not far out of the city. Suburbs in OZ are much like the US design to give you an idea.

Was that, uhhh, intentional? (I thought Silcone Valley was northwest of LA.)

Yes, we’re in the South Bay Area about 80 miles south of San Francisco and about 400 miles north of L.A. And it is spelled SILICONE. The name comes from the material that is used in the manufacture of computers I believe.

Okay, but, well… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley. (I live near San Luis Obispo, btw.)

I’ve been through San Luis Obispo. Nice coastal town, right? Does it have old Hispanic “missions” there? I think my school visited it on a field trip when we were studying Spanish missions.

It does indeed. Right downtown. Tho downtown is a few miles from the coast. The coast, per se, would be Avila Beach. And if you get adventurous, AB is worth seeing. As is SLO when school’s in session at Cal Poly.

My town ( at the end of the world from the murica’s perspective, indeed) has about 13000 Dalmatians which is a pedigree itself.

It has a sea :ocean:
And mountains :sunrise_over_mountains:
And old buildings :european_castle:
And old ladies dressed in traditional black :black_circle:
Who will stalk you from nowhere :older_woman:
in the summer its all about fun :confetti_ball:
But in the winter you can peacefully die out of boredom :ambulance:

2 Likes

i love those ads…
the funniest one…is the castlemaine 4 xxxx beer ads titled " she is a good sport your mrs "
cracks me up everytime :smiley:
take care :alien:

Im currently in a smaller town I guess compared to where I use to live, I think its at least a couple hundred thousand smaller than my old place.

I imagine small towns are great when you are born and raised there but im use to being a fly on the wall where I would ride my bike from one side of town to the other and not one person noticed.