Lidocaine 2.5% and Prilocaine 2.5% cream does wonders for AP injection site pain

I used to suffer through my Risperdal Consta depot injections like a trooper. But why??? I finally had enough and complained about the pain to my nurse and pdoc and they did something about it for me. My nurse did the footwork, and found, in the pharmacy, a cream that desensitizes the skin area of the injection site. It is Lidocaine/ Prilocaine 2.5% cream that the nurse applies to the injection site, 15 minutes before the injection. It does not have to be washed off. It works like a charm. All you feel is a slight stick when the needle goes in. My nurse says that that is all you’re supposed to feel. Not a jolting pain, as before. And to think that I suffered through these injections for nine years needlessly!

4 Likes

Yeah i use that cream ehem ehem :neutral_face: For hair removal. Beauticians use it also when eyebrow shaping

1 Like

Cool! I get Abilify injections and they’re in my bum and it burns like heck going in…then I was hospitalized for pneumonia and sepsis a few months ago. 4 and a half days of injections into my belly, daily blood withdrawals, and an IV that fed potassium into me. That potassium made my entire arm burn and I couldn’t move it without extreme pain.
After that I was like ha! I can take the ap injection now without gritting my teeth.

Does it help with the post-injection soreness? That always bugs me and it lasts for like 2 or 3 days after.

Thanks for the cool tip!

1 Like

I didn’t have any post injection soreness after my injection today.

1 Like

AMAZING! I will definitely be doing this come my June injection! All this time my bum has been hurting, I could have prevented the whole experience! Thanks!

1 Like

Yay! Glad to hear it.

1 Like