Latuda & weight Gain

I’ve been taking Latuda for two years. Before I started, I weighed 134lbs. Still taking Latuda today, I weigh 165lbs. This is becoming a horrible reality for me right now.

My pdoc and some internet research said that Latuda doesn’t cause weight gain. :confused:

I’m beginning to exercise at home and I’m prying myself out of the apartment to power walk.

Are there any natural ways to suppress the appetite? Have you experienced weight gain from Latuda?

1 Like

I gained about 35 to 40 pounds on it but I am in the process of coming off of it.

2 Likes

Hi TomCat, Are you going to start something new because of that?

I gained about 20 lbs on it but I went on a diet and I’m losing weight now

1 Like

That’s great Meg. What does your diet consist of? I don’t know if i can…my hunger cravings are bad

I find that this drug causes weight gain only if u buy junk food like chips and really sugary foods otherwise it’s easy to control.

Just try to keep foods like that out of ur house that’s what I do.

2 Likes

I am sure I am in the minority here but I swear these drugs affect metabolism. I know some folks appetites go up and they gain weight from that but I eat exactly the same and I weigh like 15 pounds more despite eating the same. I do not overeat. It sucks. I am actually on Risperidone, though. I tried Latuda but I had insomnia on it and had to stop. My best advice is to go to the gym, which I am trying to do as well.

3 Likes

I take Geodon also

Hi I have used Latuda for three years and have gained weight but not as much as when I was on olanzapine. Remember that Latuda has side effects just like any other medications but it is a lot less than a lot of them.

I’ve been on Latuda for 6 months and my weight shifts up and down a little but there’s no evidence of any weight gain. I’m starting a diet now and it’s the third week and I’ve only lost 1 pound, however… I took risperidone for a month in the past and gained 20 pounds however…it never came off even when I stopped and ate normally.

I am on latuda.

Have been many months .
Not quiet a year though.

I was on olanzapine before that n it made me gain 20 kg from 50 kg to 70 kg.

I’m now on latuda n have been n am now between 60-62kg n want to lose the extra weight but have not been able to.

Exercise does not make me lose weight.
I was exercising 4-5 times a week for at least one hour sessions n still did not lose weight.

I was 50 kg with out exercise when I did not take meds.

I can not seem to diet but can try cutting down n eating smaller portions.

1 Like

I’ve been on it two months and went from 160 to 195 and can’t find any information online about weight gain:/ but your post,
Thank you.

Welcome @OliviaAnnK .

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788 , @Ninjastar , @Moonbeam, @rogueone, and @Bowens

Enjoy your stay with us!

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator