Last meeting before vacation

So I met with my therapist and we discussed what the heck happened with the meds. (My therapist is my prescriber) She told me she was frustrated with me. I explained the situation that when she didn’t seem to believe I was experiencing those side effects I felt I had to take matters into my own hands to keep myself safe, so it all boiled back to my trust issues. We ended up working it out and coming to an understanding. She warned me I may experience unpleasant side effects like that with any antipsychotic and I needed to give it more time. She agreed to try latuda with me when she gets back if my insurance will cover iT. I’m going to stop messing with my dosages of medications. I’m going to continue taking 1 mg Ativan and 100 mg trazodone. She wants to go up on trazodone but that means I’ll be on basically two antidepressants…bwuh. Anyways. I think it all ended up ok. She doesn’t hate me.

2 Likes

Of course she doens’t hate you. I bet it is frustrating when patients try to take matters in their own hands. And she’s right, you’re going to have side effects with every med, just try and find the one that has the least of them. And latuda causes akathisia as well! Not trying to be a downer, just from what I read here from the other folks that take it.

Anyway, good luck with it!

1 Like

I feel like meds that don’t cause akesthesia cause weight gain. I don’t know why maybe that’s just a common trend I’ve seen? Anyhow Latuda is a newer med so maybe that means it will be better who knows. If it sucks harder than Abilify I’ll just go back to Abilify. Though this time I’m going to try to trust my therapist.

1 Like

I’m on Invega, gained a little weight in the beginning but am losing it now. The only side effects I have is dandruff and a little dizziness. There are good meds out there, don’t be afraid to try out. Don’t settle for what gives you harm.

You’re right, I probably really should not ever go back on Abilify. I’ll need to check if Invega has any interactions with Zoloft but I’ll keep it in my thoughts! Thanks minnii :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just come off Latuda. It made me vomit within half an hour of taking it every night.

Folks on here say you need to eat a meal of at least 350 calories before taking Latuda and I don’t think I ever met that quota.

Make sure you eat a good dinner before taking the Latuda, otherwise it’s a waste of money.

And I agree, meds that cause akasthesia seem to be the weight neutral ones and the sedating meds are the weight gain ones.

Really? I only heard the meal thing with geodon. Well I’ll keep that in mind thanks! Hopefully no vomiting will happen!

Yes I hope it doesn’t happen for you.

Good luck with it @Anna :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck Anna.

Hi, I’m on Invega too. I found it activating but I take an antidepressant and that helps. I take 3mg, really great for positive symptoms

1 Like