Last delicious meal you had?

This was the last really good thing I’ve had in a resturant in NYC called hillstone http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/thai-steak-and-noodle-salad

Tonight, at my assisted living facility, my friend and I had:
garlic toast
cling peaches in juice
creamy turkey and rice soup
dinner salad with homemade ranch dressing
roast chicken thigh
green beans
cheesy potatoes
warm sugar cookie
It was a most delicious meal.

2 Likes

The waffles we made tonight and had with butter and syrup were delicious! Washed down with a glass of cold milk.

3 Likes

What (ethnicity) would you say they are?

The other day I had some good food from Rodeo Mexican Restaurant. My meal included a taco, burrito and enchilada with sweet tea. The food was very filling.

2 Likes

I made corned beef and cabbage. It was so good! But i wouldn’t want it more than 1-2x a year.

1 Like

A few days ago I have pizza and salad at an Italian restaurant in Rotterdam. It’s fresh mozzarella with tomato and basil. Super yummy!

2 Likes

I had country ham that I asked them to over cook to almost jerky…thats how I like it… garlic texas toast and a salad with bacon and strawberries was pretty good…

1 Like

The othet day we had guests and i made pork roast with dumplings and salad. A typical German sunday meal. It was good. The pork roast had a perfect crust and was on point. I cooked it myself and i set the table.

5 Likes

Looks delicious! I think I might have the same napkin holder from IKEA. :smile:

3 Likes

Yep lol that is the one. I have a lot of things from ikea in my home.

1 Like

My last delicious meal was the scrambled eggs with bar b que sauce on them that I had for breakfast. I don’t know if anyone else would like it, but I do. It doesn’t look appetizing, but the bar b que sauce on it tastes great.

2 Likes

I think the initial post was about a delicious meal for a special occasion as opposed to more plain day to day food. Yes scrambled egg with BBQ sauce taste good but a delicious meal is something else in my opinion. I dont eat porc roast every day…now what was your true last delicious meal you had as in extraordinary delicious?

I don’t know. Whenever we go to town and we eat out, it is usually at a fast food place. I always order off the dollar menu. I ate a meal of rice and some kind of beef at a Japanese place in the food court of a shopping mall. It was good.

1 Like

Thank you for being nice to me. I was wondering if you said eggs with bbq sauce as to spoil the fun of telling the most fancy food one has eaten lately or if you were just being modest. I am sorry if i misinterpreted you.

I was being realistic. I look at myself with the cold, hard eyes of reason.

1 Like

I am quite a good cook. I realise not everyone has that talent… A good meal must not cost much. For example pasta doesnt cost much and home made sauce for pasta does not need to cost much either but it taste very good. I could tell you a few of my simple pasta recipes if you are interested. I do pasta bolognese, pasta with tuna tomato sauce, pasta with gorgonzola cream sauce, pasta just with garlic olive oil sauce and parmesan cheese sprinkles, pasta carbonara (with ham and cream), pasta with tomato sauce and fresh herbs, pasta with spinache sauce, etc. These dishes do not cost much and are delicious especially with plenty of garlic and parmesan on top. Now arguably this is not fancy food as compared expensive dishes like lobster tales etc but it beats fast food anytime. So if money is an issue, then home cooking an be a solution.

Just had 2 egg and bacon mc muffins from mc Donald’s with orange juice. It was lovely.

My eating habits are geared towards ease of preparation and low cost. It so happens that much of the food I like best fits in these catagories.