Ketogenic diet

Very little legit research out there. Pubmed gives 4 entries for schizophrenia and ketogenic,the latest being from 2009.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=schizophrenia+ketogenic

I think thas ketogenic diet can be effective

I Disagree With You “andrea866” ,

Because ,

As I Have Tried Different Food Items ,

None Of Thee items Seemed To Help ,

So Does That Mean You Are Left Out Of Thine Spiritual Loop Or Something Perhaps (???) ,

OR ,

Agree To Disagree (???)

have you tried ketogenic diet?how long you tried this diet?

Hmm ,

Yes I Know It Seems Old Testamentical Biblical Of Such Saying What As I Have Said But (!!!) ,

None Other Any Types Of Food Items Helped ,

So Within Myne Own Self Proclaimed Ignorance I See Why One Would Be Defensive ,

But I Can Assure You ,

It’s Naught Tha Food … ,

Perhaps (?)

Do us a favor and tell us what ketogenic means.

what about this?

I’ve cut carbs drastically to lower my blood sugar. I haven’t t noticed any differences.

1 Like

Honestly ,

I Don’t Understand Tha Question …

Soz Yo …

Lil Help It’s Been A Dumb Dai …

Going keto means that you are starving yourself and that ain’t not no good for nobody.

1 Like

Been on keto for 1.5 years, when I went off it for a few weeks and started eating carbs again, anxiety got worse. So I went back on keto, still anxious, but not as much.

you are schizophrenic?

Yeah. I don’t know if it’s effective for psychotic symptoms since I went on it after being stabilized in meds.

i will try this diet with my sister (who is schizophrenic)…

I hope you’ll keep us posted over the long term to let us know if the symptoms remain in remission.

I will, so far so good.

Update, please?

Yes, update would good if possible?

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control epilepsy in children. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.