Just finished the Hobbit : Battle of the Five Armies!

It was an amazing movie and I wonder if their is anyone else that has watched the complete Hobbit movies and Lord of the Rings trilogy? wow, the Hobbit movies were really great ! (please, no spoiling comments so those who haven’t seen the movies can still enjoy them.)

5 Likes

enjoyed the books… took me forever to read…

haven’t seen this movie yet thought. Glad you liked it.

1 Like

Read the LOTR and The hobbit may also of been a few other J.R.R Tolken books I have read. Think I got lost (or my head exploded) the first page of the Silmarillion so never finished it. . I liked the hobbit movies better the LOTR movies. Sucks they missed Tom Bombadil out of LOTR.

If you haven’t read the Bored of the Rings was written by Henry N. Beard and Douglas C. Kenney, who later founded National Lampoon. Was the first parody of LOTR written 1969.

1 Like

The hobbit was one of the first books i had ever read.

And then i moved on to the others.

I had no idea what i was reading and what it meant at the time, i thought everything in it was completely made up, not the case. J. R. knew things.

1 Like

Yeah, I read The Hobbit when I was in third grade. I finished the whole trilogy by the time I was in fourth grade. I bought the trilogy myself with my allowance. That was in 1970. Right now those exact books are sitting in my bookcase.

2 Likes

Ha thats awesome. Im a sucker for these kind of things. Dont lose them!! Anyhow I recently watched the hobbit movies. Got them in a boxset on blu ray. I thought they were good. I liked the first part the best

That was a great flick.