Just been asked 'are you working'

In the cafe the server asked if I was working, I said no not at the moment but it was very awkward, still he didnt look fazed by this he just gave me my bacon roll lol

1 Like

Lol,but I wonder why did he asked?is it to start a conversation?

1 Like

Yes I think so,

So what’s wrong with saying “I’m unemployed right now but I’m looking”.
Or, “Right now I’m in between jobs”. Or, " No, I’m a student".

2 Likes

I have schizophrenia… It’s a full time job. Literally.

6 Likes

It was spur of the moment lol took me by suprise, nearly had a heart attack lol

Haha imagine saying that omg hahaha

1 Like

Nick I find it hard to deal with this, I try and think of answers but when someone asked I just feel like â– â– â– â–  and its always awkward, I am trying tho just need to be quicker with the proper responses

It is an inappropriate question in my book. I used to get three questions constantly when things starting going crazy: do you have a job? do you go to school? do you have a girlfriend?

There is totally nothing wrong being unemployed.Its not a crime as long as you have the money to look after yourself.I work a full time job which is 11.5 hours a day,how I wish sometimes I can be unemployed,unemployment means more freedom and you can choose carefully what you want to do in life.Not everyone in this world want lots of money,but majority does though

1 Like

It’ simple.You know what to say. You know what to answer. You should make it like a reflex for you.
" Are you working"? BAM: “No, I’m in between jobs”. Just that fast. Every time.

1 Like

it more like i dont deserve it, like you are working and paying your own bills and stuff and i am doing nothing except trying to recover from this thing, i havent done anything, feel like a waster tbh :frowning:

Intellectually I don’t think I owe the economy anything. Not in my oppressive regime.

Change your thinking. You don’t owe anyone anything. The pricks working at star bucks are not of the demographic paying the majority of the taxes anyway.

I mean all things said, the 3 percent also pay over 90 percent of the taxes.

the guy looked very friendly tho, i think he was just trying to make small talk,

I find it hilarious when people working simple jobs act like they are better than me. I notice ethnic groups do this the most.

this guy was ok tho looked quite jolly, i dont think he would have known about my problems so he was just trying to make small talk, there is another woman in there that really grinds me, its the way that she looks at me as if she hates me even thou she doesnt know me, i think its bc i am going in there during working hours :frowning:

I don’t like Obama being president to be honest. But the republicans these days are kind of scary. I learn toward conservative values though. I am a Catholic so that is what I identity with.

in the gym it is ok just now as they know i am receiving benefits but it is easter holidays just now and i am just waiting to see whats going to happen when its not bc i know someone will say something.