Just a little techie workaround (360 controller on xbox1 free)

Alright having a windows 10 pc on the same network as the xbox one is required… beyond that it is all built in…

hook your wired/wireless 360 controller to your pc… either plugged in or with the adapter
Open the Win10 Xbox app from the start menu…
sign in with your gamrtag…
click the xboxone icon towards the bottom left side of the app…
click stream and boom… the 360 controller takes control of the xb1 via the computer… works pretty much flawlessly… you can just turn off your pc monitor and look at the TV…
this should work with multiple controllers…

Also there is a program in development that binds keys to a virtual xbox controller in windows… so theoretically you could use and controller or keyboard to control the xbox one…

also part of the streaming system is having keyboard integration from windows… you hit a place where you need to type on your xbox one… a popup on the laptop appears and you just type into it with the keyboard…

So… Now you don’t have to buy all new controllers if you are upgrading… the 360 controllers are better anyway… even if you have wireless controllers the wireless dongle for windows is cheaper than xbox one controllers…

I sold my xb1 controllers as soon as I figured this out… 20$ in store credit and now I don’t have that ■■■■ lying around…

So here’s a video:

and the 360 controller emulator (this software seemed hella complex when I tried using it… but the controller I was using was some obscure off brand from god knows where and when)

http://www.x360ce.com/

might save yall some skrill if you got an xbox one and don’t want to buy controllers… and win7/8 upgrade to win10 for free… so do it

take care folks

this is xbox live’s Major Nelson… signing off
(if you get that joke we are already friends :smile:)

1 Like