Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay $2.5 million to family of man who grew breasts from Risperdal

Wow - this kid was young when he started taking Risperdal, and wow - big boobs for a guy

An autistic Alabama man developed 46DD breasts after taking antipsychotic drug Risperdal for five years from the age of eight. A US jury has now ruled that drug maker did not give adequate warnings about possible sideeffects of its bestselling medicine

1 Like

That’s a big fear I have do you think the same could happen for invega sustenna?

Should switch that from Johnson & Johnson to Boob & Boob.

3 Likes

This is depressing and I was have a good day too. Hopefully it will make all the companies look at working at combating some of the side effects more seriously for the long termers.

I wonder though, these breasts surely didn’t develop overnight… what about his pdoc not changing meds?

Also his parents not fighting more as they are his only advocate. Talking an 8 year old through to a 13 year old here.

Who knows, there might be a class action law suit against them in which the people harmed will get peanuts, and the lawyer representing them will make out like a bandit.

With me its minor if present at all - but keeping my eye on it.
I had some minor problems with “lactation” but have not had an issue since.
If Risperdal did not help me so much, I would have dropped it a long time ago

Yes - that is pretty strange when you think about it. Its not like its the only medication out there. Seems like the doctor and parents hold some responsibility here.

There’s also the joke that if men had boobs they’d never leave the house.

Well, now they have 2 million dollars too (lawyer probably got most of that)

Psychosis or boobs, tuff choice right there.

And then if you change meds they screw you up to and sometimes in worse ways.

Tough choices, choices that lead to nowhere everytime.

1 Like