Joe Rogan Experience - Paul Stamets - Mushrooms

Of interest. Made me think that there might be a natural but not yet discovered remedy (fungi) for sz.
The name of the game is neurogenesis.

1 Like

I think in all practical senses, that the neurogenesis stimulated by psilocybin is very much overestimated and that neurogenesis spontaneously occurring is necessarily a healthy thing.

Not to mention the most active parts of the brain when on the hallucinogen are those involved with that experience, which is a highly delusional and fragile state. I know some people micro-dose just to the point of an energetic body high more parallel to marijuana… but in heavy doses psilocybin very much takes the mind away from a natural state of being while inducing euphoria… it basically accelerates the body chewing through serotonin, dopamine, epinephrin, norepephrine, and the really kicker in euphoric scenarios… oxytocin.

It’s unhealthy in the long run to attempt to sustain that state or any psychological state that is centered around those system being accelerated unless they are properly crafted amplified by supplements and also pinned to a sense of placement in the environment that is stable, secure, and not leading to megalomania or self-defense… not just of the self… but of the sense of self due to it being unrealistic in the eyes of whoever else is around.

I do believe that the phenomenon is real! I do believe that people will always take mushrooms for recreation (in fact it’s one of the few drugs that has a more strict recreational bias built into it’s culture) and regarding adults making free choices I support the recreational use of shrooms.

However that statement has nothing to do with neurogenesis.

The aspect of and process in which psilocybin triggers the process of the brain generating new neurons should be further studied. Not just for confirmation, but in order to understand what triggers the brain so that more politically sound alternatives might be recognized and real market drugs for degenerative brain diseases can be conjured up for real world use… without going against the howling malestrom of individuals who absolutely know what mushrooms are and absolutely support them being an illegal substance.

It’s a unique effect and alternatives stimulants of neurogenesis are either unheard of or few and far between. I myself know of none other.

However psilocyben is not a naturally occurring chemical in the human body and it’s long term effects on the brain are a sketchy and poorly documented stretch of ground. Therefore it is 100% reasonable to question the use of shrooms for medicinal purposes in modern practice.

That’s my dissertation on the subject. I’m sorry (I had 4 shots of espresso today.)

Controlled and targeted neurogenesis would be a powerful tool in repairing or augmenting brains with perceived deterioration or deficit and would really empower a lot of people to have more functional lives.

Scary to thing that regardless of genetic bias we could all have medically induced levels of permanent genius that really match the brightest of them… but there is only uncertainty as too how that would reshape the world. The Gattica effect. Might help us compete with the pending wave of computer intelligence… these are just tangental notes… but we’ve outlawed anabolic steroids that do nothing but supplement testosterone levels… what would be the legal effect of having the equivalent developed on the mental side of things?

Nope. Next they’ll be talking of a boinking revolution.

mushrooms â– â– â– â– â– â–  up my condition to epic proportions worse than the epic proportions I was already â– â– â– â– â– â–  up with.

could be beneficial to some but not this schizo

2 Likes