It's impossible to forgive some people

I would like to clarify on this thread that I don’t have anything against Chinese people. I actually love China and would die to live there and teach English and a second language. I also genuinely like this song- and have many Chinese friends including on this website.

I don’t really believe that I was just having casual conversation. I like Buddha and Confucius.

I would also like to add that Chinese food rules.

1 Like

Were you SnowyOwl, @odysseus1

Chinese or Asian as a whole is the same, IMHO.

1 Like

Yep it’s me. It’s nice to hear that you’re alive and well.

1 Like

you are not expected to forgive everyone and it is wise to not do so. To forgive everyone is a myth and it is sheer nonsense. You have to ACCEPT that the pain given is immense and that you can not forgive him because the grievience to you is deep. But you will make sure of 2 things:-
a. Never give that individual another opportunity to hurt you
b. You will give this 1 last chance - that is your forgiveness - if that individual hurts you again then you retaliate.

again you are the best judge of what to do. But not forgiving is not wrong

atleast not forgiving prevents you from retaliation which is even worse

Forgiveness isn’t lacking judgement.

It doesn’t mean if someone smacks you they can get away with it. That isn’t forgiveness.

Forgiveness was only the lack of the final you know, the final this or that. The eternal this or that. Get rid of and that is final forever, punish forever, final final eternal this or that you know. Thats forgiveness. It’s basically the opposite the church teaches, if you wish to know about spirits then go to church and believe the opposite.

Still have to pay though. Forgiveness isn’t the lack of payment or fair judgement.

1 Like

I once heard that “to understand everything is to forgive everything”. I don’t know. There are some things I don’t want to understand.

1 Like

In AA they taught me that when you forgive someone who wronged you, you do it not just to help the person who caused you pain, you forgive someone to help yourself. To rid yourself of the burden and weight of anger and hurt and pain that occupies a place in your heart and mind. To let it go and free yourself of that negativity.

3 Likes

Yes. That was well said.

http://www.yhwh.com/assets/two-kinds-of-forgiveness.pdf

Ahyh of www.yhwh.com calls this absolution. He goes on to say however, that is also irrational to stay with people who continue to wrong you (it’s more in depth than that of course).

Yes, and since humans are irrational, there are plenty of people who stay with people who abuse them. When I was doing drugs me and my friends stabbed each other in the back and screwed each other over on a regular basis yet we continued to hang out together. It seemed perfectly normal at the time.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the kinda stuff I’m trying to get away from.