It feels like the tv hates me

when I watch the t.v., news shows by the way, it makes me feel like the tv journalists hate me particularly. it doesn’t make any sense but that’s the way it is. it is what it is as someone else wrote here also.

for lack of something better to do I sometimes watch it with my mom. I get some kind of understanding of what is going on out there from these programs, but am not sure it is worth watching because of these unusual beliefs and feelings.

it hurts!!! judy

6 Likes

I used to think that about t.v. when I was delusional. I would tell my pdoc about what you think Judy? Hope you get to feeling better.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think they hate me I just think there’s a chance they’re reading my mind and I start getting little messages like they are. Judy you seem like a very nice person I don’t think anyone in the world would hate you.

hi again jukebox. nice to read your posts here. I have other kinds of persecution delusions etc. that I should talk to my therapist about. good idea. i’ll discuss them with her. she’s really good; I really trust and have confidence in her.

judy

3 Likes

bryanashley. how kind of you to say so. I hope and pray you are right. I try so hard not to hate anyone but then sometimes… I fail and do you know when? when I believe that they’ve hurt me badly or hate me badly… paranoia I am sure. must be careful, I want to be a loving not a hating person. always did.

judy

1 Like

Yeah. Well no ones watching so you can hate away. Good on you for seeing the righteous path. I struggle with it to. I used to be pretty judgmental and critique people in my mind. Then this telepathy delusion started. Really it’s easy if you just focus on the good qualities people have. Almost everyone has some good qualities. Good on you again your probably trying harder than everyone else… Maybe you just need to relax and find peace with yourself and other people. You know. Let go of the hate.

1 Like

thank you bryanashley for your kind advice. I used to be good at noticing everybody’s good qualities… now it’s quite a bit harder. letting go of the hatred is such a good idea. I am working on it. love you for reminding me. judy

5 Likes

new rap music seems to hate me. but i’m getting past it and laugh at it. sometimes i think they’re talking about me…but then I realize IDGAF!!! It’s just shitty pop-rap artists after all with over-sized egos that i’m smarter than. sorry to fans of rap but i dont really like it anymore.

2 Likes

It’s called "ideas of reference’, right Judy? Where you think something totally unrelated to you is directed at you. A common symptom. Yeah, you do seem like a nice person but that this stupid disease is making it hard for you to stay nice and be true to yourself.

4 Likes

thank you nick. it feels so much nicer to be kind inside your head than to think awful about people. it is probably symptomatic of sz.

judy

1 Like

I have had similar thoughts regarding a few on tv.
I thought them to be hateful, attacking me and bad behaved and in professional with no good spirits and humour but only animosity aimed at me.

I stopped watching tv.
Nolonger watch the news.
I’m not so educated n up to date as well as socially have difficulties but try reading headlines on msn n yahoo.

I’m not keen on any tv shows anymore it seems.
Not even cooking shows.

I buy DVDs .
That way I can choose who n what I’m watching and when I want to watch.

1 Like

I often feel like people on tv are aware of my personal situation and are responding to it through innuendo and body language. Like on M.A.S.H. on tv I’ll think Alan Alda is responding on tv to things I’ve done. I realize those shows are very old reruns, but I still can’t help feeling that way.

2 Likes

I think the media are stealing my thoughts.

I don’t watch TV anymore. We have downloaded shows on a media player and that’s all I watch.

1 Like

I miss the days of enjoying TV shows.

1 Like

If you think anything on the t.v. is about you …you are not stable…nobody wrote or acted on stage to mean anything about you.

2 Likes

Thanks for this post as it provides insight into the symptom.

1 Like

I’m glad I could help.

2 Likes

I could feel that a tv show is talking about me and knows about me…

1 Like

i have that too, TV is always trying to put me down, its because u are awake and cant be brainwashed witouth aknowledge, so the awaken ones gets direct messages, i dont know how they do it, but its a system who responds to ur toughts in real time, to hipnotize u to buy products and get depressed

1 Like