Isolationism

The profession has distilled this down to a very simple concept: Nature & Nurture. The former is largely a matter of genetics. The latter is largely a matter of environmental influence. (And lately, we have come to see the influence of “epigenetics,” which is a combination of the two. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics.)

If the pt perceives his relationship with his caregivers inaccurately, he will remain stuck in the relationship he has with them along with all the upshots thereof. As Krishnamurti said so many times, “Love is being with what IS in relationship,” not with what ISN’T. Because what isn’t is delusion. But those of us who have worked with the seriously mentally ill can see that most of them have very distorted and/or inaccurate notions of the nature of their family relationships.

That is paranoia talking. People may have disagreed with you but no one has attacked your character.
You are in a very aggressive frame of mind. Stepping away from the forum for a while and calming down might be in order.

2 Likes

That evil crap has gotten into everything , so we shouldn’t just see it by itself alone or it will become more magnified in our lives and have more of a negative affect on us and others. There is always good to magnify rather then just the evil we can see in every situation. I have become a more optimistic thinking person because of this, but that said, it is good to isolate from the crowd once and a while without actually leaving it all together, said one philosopher, Henry David Thoreau I believe. I am not well, so I would rather be alone, but that in itself is also making me unwell , but I understand this and why this is, so I keep the upper hand on the situation so as not to let it gain control over me. You have it or it has you.

“To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be fase to any man.”
Hamlet Act I Scene III

By the way, scholars, Wikipedia isn’t a source.

I’d like to call a truce between myself, notmoses, and pixel because it seems we’re at odds. I don’t care what you do, just don’t try to sell me any of the A.A. nonsense okay? That was the point of my original warning post: I see these organizations as being dangerous, not only to me, but to others as well, and I’m not interested in talking about them at all. Please respect that, and I’ll continue to respect you.

EXCUSE ME?!? I never said I’m a Christian! I find the whole belief system to be rather ridiculous. You may want to work on your reading comprehension – it would explain all the other things about AA you’ve got backwards.

d000d.

What can I say? One of my hobbies is arguing with brick walls. Does it show?

Pixel.

1 Like

You continue to be hostile. If I misread your post, I apologize. Non-verbal communication isn’t all that its cracked up to be. Now if you don’t mind, settle down.

1 Like

I have not been hostile. I have politely disagreed with you. I have not called you a liar. I have not accused you of BSing. I can point out that you have behaved aggressively towards me by accusing me of lying without even knowing what I have specifically said. Further to this – with minimal effort – you can search for my past statements about AA and spirituality on this very forum and find easily that my behaviour in regards to AA is not at all consistent with what you’ve been accusing me of.

If you disagree with me about AA, that’s certainly your right, but I’d appreciate it if you stopped attributing to me things I haven’t said or done. That’s really not nice.

thx

Pixel.

I call it as I see it - a heuristic certainty. You don’t have to like my comments. But this thread had nothing to do with A.A., and you’ve bullied your agenda onto it without welcome. Get off it please. Is that nice enough for you?

I feel exactly the same way. My psychiatrist told my mom that I have the psychological abilities of a twelve year old and I act in strange ways that signify that. I stay away from friends because i dont want to act childish around them, plus im scared. So know your not alone

Hardly. You seem to misunderstand how public discussion forums work. You brought up AA before I did. Here’s what you said…

I responded with my own perspective and have since been on the receiving end of abuse and false accusations. As I said previously, you are welcome to your own opinion about AA, but I’m not going to be shoved around in the manner you like seem to like to shove people around. If you can’t brook polite disagreement, this community will not be to your liking.

Pixel.

1 Like

Thank you mboston117 for two things:

1. For staying on topic.
  2. For your kind understanding. Right now I’m stressed out from bickering with people who should know better. You say you have the capacity of a twelve year old. Well, I don’t do much better, and sometimes I’m at around ten or so, but intellectually I can hold my own with the best of them, so never get discouraged. Emotions can lag, but you can still learn. Keep your chin up friend, and thanks again.

Yea and its clear I’m NOT INTERESTED IN THEM! So GET THE HELL OFF MY THREAD!

Okay, thread closed. No more replies.

Happy now? :smile:

Pixel.
Volunteer moderator.