Is this Sarcosine a scam?

Researchers have told me that N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid should not be used with sarcosine in people who have schizophrenia.

I would not use N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid.

Itā€™s hard to know. I think it works no better than a coffee for myself. So I guess itā€™s a minor stimulant

1 Like

My son is supposed to be taking it also this week.
I have no idea if he is-but talking to him, no difference so far,

Iā€™m not sure "scam is the word. Maybe ā€œa placebo effect.ā€

I have to say I took sarcosine at around 12:30 and noticed major effects and energy shift at around 3:00 I felt agitated, weirded out and energetic. I had a glass of wine with my lunch i donā€™t know if I shouldnā€™t drink with it? Iā€™m gonna try again tomorrow morning. Itā€™s 8 pm and I still have energy. I feel like I can go for a run. :worried:

Good chance that will iron out with time. Just have to adjust.

I heard you were supposed to start with a low dose then work your way up.

Yeah I did. I took half a scoop.

You could try even less for a few days.

Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping mine is in pill form, I can take in the morning!

Ok did they explain why?

I seem to remember (but donā€™t quote me on this) the key issue is that it blocks the absorption of the sarcosine because the impact the same receptor, and the N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid isnā€™t a good replacement for sarcosine / glycine / d-serine (which also target the same NMDA receptor of the brain.

Iā€™m always skeptical about everything, but I think it does have an effect on me. When I donā€™t get it Iā€™m kind of flat.

1 Like

I reckon itā€™s a scam. People are just looking to make big bucks.

2 Likes

same here, I think its bogus but never tried it. I did try the theanine because there wasnā€™t a prostate scare with the theanine like sarcosine. the theanine actually worked for like 2 weeks. it made me calm, but I quickly developed a tolerance and stopped taking it.

1 Like

It works for me. I probably see a 10% improvement but Iā€™ve been taking it on and off for a couple years now.

1 Like

Ive never found relief from supplements!

I honestly couldnt ever tell if they were working or not lol

Too many variables

Maybe you are already high functioning? Are you still taking meds?

Ya I am high functioning.

Ive been off all meds for 3 months now.

Whether im going to be able to maintain in debatable.

Voices are pretty bad atm, but ill see.

Is it working in him ?

The user you are replying to hasnā€™t been active for over four years now.