Is this normal for a dog 🐶

She’s staying with my parents for the weekend. I guess she’s 11 in dog years. A little more than 1 1/2 in human years. She’s very uncooperative. She has this habit of tripping you, biting your feet, and being annoying from behind. She’s very very very codependent. Like I went downstairs for 2 mins and she was at the gate whining the whole time. She pulls on the leash, doesn’t listen, isn’t obedient at all. I still :heart:️ her but she seems to be going through a rebellion phase. Normal for a dog at this age?? She’s trained to sit, paw, other basic dog stuff, but not trained all that greatly imo. I think my sister should pay a dog trainer so she walks alongside you and doesn’t be so rebellious, but that’s up to my sis obviously.

1 Like

She’s still a puppy and it sounds like she may have “pampered doggie syndrome” :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah my sister is obsessed with her lol and spoils her crazy. She’s so cute tho lol.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m the same way with my little dog. :smile:

2 Likes

She was much much more well behaved when she stayed here in April. Sometimes now she’ll do flips on your body. Literal spin flip things. She’s crazy. And she jumps up on you and her claws are pretty sharp for a dog. Most the bad behavior is a new thing. I now have some semblance of what it’s like caring for a misbehaved child…

1 Like

If the dog is 1 year old then it’s quite normal.
She is still considered Young (puppy).

1 Like

Dog years don’t exist…

Your right it should be called the" dog to human life ratio."

i bet if i petted her, she’d calm down. she sounds like a bad dog but might be sweet in the inside, after some care

Not according to Alexa (Amazon echo). I ask her how many dog years in human years and she says "THERE ARE SEVEN DOG YEARS IN EACH HUMAN YEAR " :joy:

She’s not a bad dog by any means she’s very sweet she’s just going through a rebellious phase. The biting From behind is more like nibbling, not trying to hurt.

My dog went through that phase, too. We did the obedience school thing, and it helped a lot. Obedience school is just as much to train the parents as the dog.

1 Like

oh my goodness you are so blessed to have this little doll in your life. Let her know she’s loved and safe but tell her biting is bad. I’m sure all she wants is to be a good companion, she just needs the guidance to know what that means. And just like a child she needs boundaries and consequences. I’m sure she’s not a bad dog, just young and inexperienced (and maybe spoiled) Good luck friend.

2 Likes

Yes you nailed it @tera

Here she is

2 Likes

oh, omg shes beautiful. so lucky. Whats her name?

Her name is Sagan. After the scientist. She’s a mix of an Australian shepherd and an Australian cattle dog. Although she is the runt of the litter so she’s only about 45 pounds. She’s cute yes and very beautiful.

oh, I see. She needs a job to be happy. You will find that she gets very upset if any of her flock (her people) are missing. Australian shepherds have to have a job, they need to be busy. Make sure she has some stuffed animals, and reassure her a lot when her mom is gone. Also she needs a lot of space to run, especially at her young age. The best dog I ever had was an Australian shepherd/rottwelier mix. He wasn’t very bright but he was loving and loyal to a fault. His name was Hobo, I miss him all the time, even though it’s been 15 years since I had to give him up. You are truly blessed.

2 Likes