Is their anyway to get your libido back while on these medications?

“Sarcosine is formed from dietary intake of choline and from the metabolism of methionine, and is rapidly degraded to glycine, which, in addition to its importance as a constituent of protein, plays a significant role in various physiological processes as a prime metabolic source of components of living cells such as glutathione, creatine, purines and serine.”

Sugar doesn’t interfere with creatine levels.

And you can’t take it on clozapine, as it is dangerous, unlike sugar which wouldn’t be…

I imagine that some people don’t get much effect from taking it and hence what you have heard, however, clinical studies have proven different. It would take time and careful management of taking it to have any measurable effect on a patient, management that people don’t adhere to.

Creatine has been shown to increase libido in some people hence raising it with sarcosine may have this side effect.

Hi, what medicines are you on?
Can you describe…? You never felt your libido affected?

I’m on medium doses of Seroquel in the evening and Rexulti in the morning. My libido is the same as before I was on medication, even better. When I was on Prozac and Risperdal I had no libido.

1 Like

Very interesting @eduvigis! Rexulti is the successor of Abilify, as far as I know is very recent, what do you say about this drug? Have you tried Abilify before? Thanks for answering me. My experience on Risperdal was no libido too and on Xeplion, I have libido yes, but everything is far from “perfect”. What about Rexulti side effects? Do you mean just libido or all sexual functioning?

I want my libido back libido back libido back libido back libido back ribs.

lol lol bad pun… inspiring song though… https://youtu.be/XsjvOQGBCcg?t=105

1 Like

from what i hear, atypicals typically cause sexual dysfunction but don’t affect libido the way old phenolthyzines did. not to be a jerk, but maybe exercise and weight loss?

@ChestRockwell

I agree that exercise and diet will help.

I do aerobic exercise, which improves circulation, which improves blood flow…

Rexulti had no side effects for the first year or so, then it began giving me heavy sedation, basically shut down my brain 3 hours after I took the tablet. And all I can do is sleep, no cognitively demanding tasks. And very little motivation as well, its expensive so I’m thinking of trying abilify to see if it is the same drug for a cheaper price.

My weight gain is starting to affect my self esteem in that area so I agree in some cases you are correct. ::takes dogs for a walk::

Horny goat weed, ashwagandha, zinc, etc. Supplements that can help raise your testosterone. A Vitamin B complex also may help.

does masturbating count as a libido?

A psychiatrist told me that if a person got a bit of exercise a certain amount of time before possible intercourse, it should help to counteract the lack of libido problem. Obviously, this would work best where a committed relationship was involved unless there’s just someone waiting for you at that right time. I can’t remember the exact amount of time was but I think it was 20-30 minutes before sex. I never tried this, so I can’t vouch for it but I do know that my libido has recently experienced a pleasant upsurge that directly correlated with increasing my daily exercise.