Is it true that firstly come the side effects of the meds?

One bipolar friend told me that first come the side effects of the meds without the relief. so that’s why a lot of people stop taking them. I really start to feel something in my brain and its heavy lol. Reassure me that I need to remain patient please. Pff, I guess I went to be a bad person in my illness, its sad :cry: .

Sadly some side effects come later like akathisia, tardive dyskinesia, metabolic syndrome, etc.

I only say that the side effect of AP are terrible we need already an alternative and the alternative will come soon on the market is CBD. CBD is antypsychotic and safe!!

Geodon has the fewest side effects for me. They don’t really bother me. All the typical ap’s make me feel really bad. The side effects arrive at about the same time as the medical effects do.

Been talking to several psychiatrists about it who are familiar with ongoing trials. Apparently, it’s not going to be as useful a treatment as everyone here is hoping for. They’re seeing mild to no improvement at all versus placebo groups right now.

Best to learn to function on the meds we have, right now than wait for the “next big thing”. I would have wasted 25 years waiting and given up the best part of my life.

1 Like

@shutterbug I spoke with a researcher that do the phase 2 of arvisol echo pharma he say that CBD is antypsychotic and in 2 month there are other results that confirm the efficacy of CBD with proper dosage. CBD meds is the future with less side effect. I’m sure that we can see big improvement in the treatment in the next future. That doesn’t mean a miraculous cure but a less side effect cure.

I’m being evaluated on an ongoing basis by two pdoc researchers who are interested in cases of those who were initially disorganized/hebephrenic and became high-functioning. We are kind of rare. They want to see what we have in common that can be applied to others in the same boat, and other SZs in general. So, because they’re researchers, they know what is going on with CBD trials. Gonna be a lot of sad faces here eventually.

1 Like

CBD may not help everyone, but I have personally found it helpful, and it is legal here in Oregon…

@shutterbug I’m too high functioning I’m able to do some work, I have a girlfriend I go out with friends I drive every day, the main problem is that I’m not compatible 100% with the medication that sometimes triggers my sintoms instead to make the opposite. With the medication my simptoms are 5/10 without are 2/10 that’s the effect of the medication in my brain.

1 Like

You can alway work towards a higher level of function.

That’s why doctors move people from one medication to another as needed.

Agnosia. You’re likely experiencing increased symptoms, but unable to recognize them because you are impaired.

ok @shutterbug maybe is the case to switch my medication to another now I’m on Invega since 7 month. What do you recommend?

that is the trial with arvisol cbd

I side with @velociraptor…lots of rubbish science with pot.

Yeah it’s great for a lot of things but it’s use with schizophrenics is probably limited.

We stay to see in one year or two if is it rubbish or not.

I don’t. It’s your doctor’s job to recommend. I have a personal hate-on for Zyprexa because, explosive weight gain. Other than that, no comment.

Indeed.