Is anyone else here unable to take meds?

Dude I was physically forced to take pills. Like physically and emotionally abused into taking them what’s your problem.

So I’m just trying to find any methods other than meds that people use to cope cause I can’t take meds. Kinda reposting cause the last thread got closed I’m confused?

For the treatment of schizophrenia there is nothing better than medication. You can do other things as well but the cornerstone of treatment is medication. It works for most folk to differing levels but it works. Nothing else comes close.

Pray tell. Why can’t you take meds?

Really bad childhood trauma related to meds and psychologists is why I can’t take meds. I know meds are good for this but I can’t do it.

your just shooting yourself in the foot and psychology isn’t anything about medication for the most part.

Seriously. Untreated psychosis is brain damage. If your schizophrenic you don’t just recover from symptoms.

You trolling? Honestly. I’m too old for this!

1 Like

I’m not trolling? I’m seriously asking for advice?

See my first post.

NOTHING takes the place of medications. It’s that simple. Schizophrenia is a very serious disorder and the cornerstone of treatment is medication.

Psychiatrists aren’t psychologists. Lots’ of people go through trauma and get through it. I’d say get through it and see a psychaitrist.

1 Like

@Noise You were quite rude to folks offering advice on the first thread which is why it was locked.

Since you’re new on the forum, I’ll cut you a break and merge this second thread with the first thread (and re-open the first thread.)

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to be rude seriously I just don’t know how to explain to people that I can’t do it and then they treat me like I’m trolling or lying or crazy I don’t understand? Really please try to see it from my side. I really mean no disrespect??

In my case every time I’ve gone on an antipsychotic it’s ended terribly with me having side effects that are often more debilitating than the psychosis itself or otherwise make me choose between my physical or mental health. Just bad. So I choose not to be on an AP because my psychotic symptoms aren’t even bad all the time. In fact a lot of the time they are quite minor and sort of in the background of my life. I learned to manage them pretty well in the past several years. It’s just not worth it for me to be on one.

It’s different when it comes to mood related meds…I HAVE to be on stuff for my depression and anxiety. My depression is extremely painful and makes me a danger to myself. If I left that untreated I would kill myself one day. My moods are just too chaotic and uncontrollable without meds. Thankfully on depakote I have been incredibly stable in regards to that. (And it gives me no side effects!!)

1 Like

I can’t see a psychiatrist my abuser was a psychiatrist and I really can’t take pills I’m sorry

To me it sounds like you should keep working on therapy for your trauma first because it’s going to keep you from making progress anywhere else. (If therapists are also part of your trauma then that is really rough I’m sorry…before I was comfortable talking about my trauma in therapy I did a LOT of self work through reading books on recovery & also going on online forums for trauma and seeing what helped with other people and whatnot so you could always start there and then work your way up to seeing a therapist gradually)

If only psychiatrists are part of the trauma and therapists are fine though, then I recommend finding a therapist trained in emdr! I only learned about it recently but it is very well backed by research in treatment of trauma recovery. I just had my first session of it recently.

1 Like

Well it’s nice to know there’s someone else that doesn’t take them. What do you do to manage your symptoms when they get bad?

And I guess I’m glad something works for your moods with no side effects. That’s cool dude.

1 Like

I’m in therapy for everything even though going is enough to trigger me sometimes and it makes me sound crazy but idk. I keep going and I keep expecting the axe to fall it’s exhausting. Butshe told me that I she thinks meds might be bad for me based on my past… I mean I don’t trust her at all but I keep going I’m trying but when it comes to my med trauma I can’t I’ve tried to kill myself over getting triggered too many times. And emdr scares me so right now I can’t try it I heard it’s good but it is too scary right now.

Getting through trauma is something that takes time and due to that fact that it was prolonged constant trauma that I went through. So getting over it and being completely unaffected is never going to happen that’s unrealistic. I can’t do meds that’s all I can say.

I was incapable of taking meds for a while. I had a very bad experience, with extreme side effects/bad reaction, and my interpretation was that the medication made me lose my soul and go to hell and were from satan. I also read a lot of scary scientific info. Whenever the forced treatment stopped, I would immediately quit meds and relapse a while later. Be put back on, quit, relapse, repeat.

I became a little less scared of meds and I now use a baby dose, which just keeps me stable. For me being forced to use them for half a year and noticing it keeps me stable enough to be there for my son and not bring sadness and fear to my family made the difference.

I still keep the hope of one day slowly withdrawing, I need that, but I would never cold turkey again and always be very careful.

Well I’m glad you found something that works.
the thing is I was forced for 8 years of my life and my childhood at that. It was always there’s something wrong with me take this pill take that pill I was just a kid and yet everyone I was supposed to be able to trust kept hurting me. I was beat almost daily and i was told it was “because they cared” pills forced down my throat while I was pinned to the ground because “it will help” even though it didn’t help. All of that all of the experiments and studies were to “help me” even though they made me sick and hurt me. Then my therapist kept convincing my parents that all of that was fine because I was “sick and needed serious help” but nobody helped they kept hurting me and breaking me until I decided I’d had enough so I took the pills all at once unfortunately it wasn’t enough. But in conclusion I absolutely despise meds. I know they work for a lot of people but I really can’t I’m sorry.

1 Like

It sounds to me that you were pill resistant from the beginning if people had to go to such lengths to make you take them.

How old are you now?

2 Likes