Introduction of Self to Forum

I have been reading the forum for several days now and decided to introduce myself. I have been diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia, Major Depression, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I am 37 and live in Oklahoma. I am a librarian and work full time. I have a husband and 3 cats (my black kitty turns 1 today!). I look forward to getting to know you all.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Mitsuko48

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you’re doing pretty well. Perhaps you can share what has worked for you to help you cope. Everyone here is trying to learn from each other.

Thanks!

1 Like

warm welcome to this community of folks then from myself.

welcome to the forums Mitsuko

welcome to the forums, I too live in Oklahoma.

welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will have the chance to be involved in insightful conversations here thatha will help you coop more with your illness. You’re already doing well and like the admin said it would be great to know what has worked for you to be able to lead your life a fruitful one. Greetings from Jordan.

Hello and welcome to this great site! Hope you like it here @Mitsuko48! :smiley:

Welcome to the forum

Welcome. I hope you will like it here too.

hi :wave: hope you hang around :thumbsup:

**Mitsuko…Welcome :sunny: **

happy birthday to your black cat.
thought i would say hi.
take care

greetings…it is nice to meet you

I’m a schizophrenic, and I am from Oklahoma too. I hope you enjoy your experience with us.

I am not really sure why I am functioning so well. I always have functioned well, even though I have had delusions my whole life (or so they say). I think it’s because most of my delusions are not bothersome to me. I do think people are watching me all the time, but I think it’s because they like me not because they mean me harm. When I heard voices, most of them were friendly voices who became my friends. It is only when I’m having a relapse that my delusions become bothersome to me (people wanting to hurt me and voices becoming rude). I have been unmedicated most of my life; it has only been recently that I have been diagnosed and getting help.

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find it helpful, well done on posting, looking forward to seeing you around :blush:!

Take care,
Meg.

I thought I would say hi and welcome :

Welcome to the forum @Mitsuko48