In spite of all that's going on: I'm starting college next month

I changed my major for the umpteenth time.

I settled on a bachelors of science in computers and IT.

I’m a little nervous about it because all my classes are online. But overall I think this college will be a better fit for me.

It’s the same college I got one of my associate degrees from, so I somewhat know what to expect as far as the online schooling goes.

Anyways, Blessings to you all and please wish me well on this endeavor!

11 Likes

best of luck, wish I could study something, but I would forget most of what i learned

1 Like

This is very exciting!

You’re going to do great.

My sister did about three quarters of her classes online and loved it.

How many hours are you taking?

1 Like

Yay very happy for you. I’m very happy you’re going back to school. Online classes are fun! Hope it’s a first step to getting your life back so you’re not just sitting at home. Hope it goes well!

1 Like

Thank you @Mountainman!

And thank you @anon54386108! I’m taking 6 credit hours (2 classes) but both classes are accelerated. So it’s about the same workload as taking a typical full schedule at the 16 week length semesters.

Does that make sense?

Good luck!! I’m taking my three classes online this semester, and it’s really challenging to stay on track. It’s inspiring to see someone else doing it too!

1 Like

Thank you @anon62973308!

Yeah I’m really looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I might go out some days and just hang out at the library to do homework/or study.

Thank you :slight_smile: @fairywren

When I took online classes before I’ve done pretty well at being a task-master.

I am a little worried about taking online classes, but it should be fun!

I’m glad I inspired someone today :v: :slight_smile:

1 Like

You inspire me to study too not just because you do it but you seem to make it look easy and fun somehow. I don’t know if I function as good as you do, though, so I’m taking smaller steps right now.

1 Like

Very cool :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if I’m considered high functioning. But I try to set little goals for myself.

I enjoy talking on the phone, and being on the computer. But I have a hard time going out in public at times.

So that’s why I decided on taking online classes.

But yeah, small steps are the key. Minimize the stress as much as possible.

You’ll get there!

Persistence, dedication, hard work and perseverance. You got this Montezuma.

1 Like

So its kinda like Maymester?

Sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Good luck for u chris.may u score full mark in all the subject…

2 Likes

Correct :slight_smile:

Both classes are only 8 weeks long.

I hope I can handle it haha.

2 Likes

I want to wish you the best. I have a BS in IT specifically programming. My degree was online too. I liked it online. Right now I’m focusing on creating websites for businesses. Good luck :sunny:

1 Like

That’s really cool!

My emphasis is going to be in networking and security.

1 Like

I think that schedule is better than a regular semester.

You can really focus up on a couple classes instead of getting spread out too thin with several.

Completely manageable!

You got this, homie!

1 Like

Go for it @Montezuma!
Congrats! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Best of luck!! You can do this!!

1 Like

How’s that coming…? Sorry if this is bothering you. I’m thinking about finishing my education on computers and freelancing too. I’m doing tech related work at my volunteer job and took compsci courses in college and liked it. I feel I could be very happy being a programmer. However there are not many jobs in Hawaii and I would have to freelance. Accounting sounded safer to me at the time so I am taking an accounting course and got a second volunteer job at the fiscal office in the government as well. However I felt the business environment was a little depressing and cold and it put me off to accounting…so I don’t know, what I’m trying to ask is if you could tell me anything about freelance programming. Are you making money? Is it difficult? Do you think motivation other factors would be a problem? How long have you been working for? Sorry to bother you if this is too many questions… You can pm me if you like instead! I’m not sure I’ll do anything yet, still in the rumination phase of things as to where the future is headed…