In pursuit of truth: A critical examination of meta-analyses of cognitive behavior therapy

CONCLUSION: Meta-analytic evidence for the superiority of CBT in the three meta-analysis are nonexistent or weak.

I’m taking cbt now. My docs seem to think it’s some sort of cure-all. I guess i will see for myself.

1 Like

Meta-analyses examining the efficacy of psychological treatments for schizophrenia revealed a beneficial effect of CBT on positive symptoms (i.e., delusions and/or hallucinations) of schizophrenia

With CBT, I got better of my negative symptoms.

CBT is a recommended treatment for schizophrenia in the UK, but how strong is the evidence that it works? Keith Laws suggests it’s not as strong as we might hope.

Assessing the potential benefits and harm of cognitive behavioural therapy for psychosis

I think what can be said is (a) CBT is overhyped (b) It may not be better than other interventions © It works for some not for others (d) CBT practitioners, some of whom are not very bright, will tend to blame the individual for CBT not working rather than accepting that CBT may have its limitations.

2 Likes