I'm hopping on the vegan train

My whole family has converted to veganism, after watching some Netflix documentary about animal agriculture… i figure i might as well join…

any other vegans here?

5 Likes

how could you kill that innocent lettuce like that, lol. I’m thinking about going vegitarian

1 Like

I’m for economic reasons.

you are what for economic reasons? vegan or vegetarian?

If you’re going vegan, these cookbooks are a must. They have the most easy-to-follow and delicious recipes for foods that aren’t trying to pretend to be meats.

3 Likes

I am still eating some animal products sometimes. It is a slow process

Did your parents watch Food Inc, by chance? I watched that with my mom, and it made me feel very relieved to not be eating meat.

Oh, and what I said in the TP thread was no joke. You’ll never have a fully formed bowel movement again. Get used to it.

1 Like

It might’ve been that. apparently it was ‘life-changing’

also might have been “Forks Over Knives”

1 Like

For me, first 1-3 months were rough, mostly the second month. I’m not about a year in, and feel way better than I ever did either on “paleo” or just a regular diet. It’s great for weight loss. I don’t need coffee anymore to feel energetic. Usually, doing something good for somebody/something else, gives you little benefit, but there are real benefits to being vegan, for yourself.

I was aware of the fact that I needed to eat way more but I still made the mistake of not eating enough. At first you should eat way more than you’re comfortable with, maybe even to the point you get a bit sick. That’s the most common mistake.

Maybe get a blood test for the most common stuff vegans get deficient in, a couple of months in. Do research.

Don’t be discouraged if it’s hard at first. One thing I didn’t realize is that the meat cravings absolutely go away, and the egg and milk cravings as well(the last 2 lasted way shorter for me than the first one). At this point, eating flesh from some dead animal carcass seems absolutely disgusting to me, so do the puss and ■■■■ filled milk and chicken menstruation.

2 Likes

@anon32099838 thanks for all the info, i heard that B12 and Iron are necessary supplements for the vegan diet… i will do research… peace

2 Likes

You missed the train. It left 2 1/2 hours ago. Sorry :neutral_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I was vegetarian for a few years in my teenage years. I was vegan for about 6 months in the middle somewhere. It was really hard for me.

I just took a vegetarian pizza and put on some chopped up steak leftovers. Mmmm so good

1 Like

Good for you! It’s better for the planet to go vegan, not to mention a more humane way to live. Don’t forget your vitamin Bs. Since I became vegetarian a few years ago I have no problem with weight gain at all. However I do have the occasional salmon and take fish oil, but no chicken, beef, pork or other land animals. My digestive system feels and works better and I don’t feel bloated after eating like I did when I ate all that meat for all those years

Also, was the documentary “cowspiracy”? It’s very eye opening.

Yeah i am getting sick everytime i eat animal products. Just can not :weary:

how is your vegan diet change going?

1 Like

I am vegan and have fully formed bowel movements.