I'm experimenting with my psychotropic drugs

I was really pleased with the effect of the Geodon I had been taking. It controlled my symptoms with little mental discomfort, and it gave me a pretty good frame of mind for writing. However, the physical effects of Geodon are bad. Any time I exercised my connective tissue - my tendons, ligaments, and connective tissue - felt fatigued and inflamed. I was very susceptible to heat stroke in summer and hypothermia in winter. I practically collapsed with heat exhaustion any time I mowed even a small lawn. So, I decided to quit taking the Geodon and the Seroquel the doctor prescribed. At first I felt more alert and vigorous. I felt better. But after about a day of no med’s I started to notice some of the danger signals I get when I’m spiraling out of control, and I couldn’t sleep. I started taking my med’s again. I’d had this bad cough that went away when I quit taking my med’s. It came back when I got back on my med’s. I feel sluggish again. I guess I just have to accept that I have to lead a diminished life. I can still write, and I don’t feel any mental discomfort. That’s good.

6 Likes

Don’t just quit, reduce your dosage or you’ll crash

You’re right. I took my med’s last night and this morning. I’ve crashed before, and it isn’t fun.

1 Like