I'm becomming a space invader

Compared to some of the other issues this Sz journey has put me on… this is pretty mild in my mind. But the people in my life seem concerned.

Maybe it’s my old foe… ADHD coming back.

I’m not the touchy feely type.

In fact, I don’t like touchy feely people. I used to get really agitated when someone stood too close to me. I try to avoid people who invade my space… stand too close… get huggie…

But now, I keep getting these deep needs to hug people… I see them… they look sad and I just fight the urge to hug them and heal them.

I do recognize there has been some sneaky brained thinking that has been coming with it. Heal the world with a hug. Be open to the love of the universe.
Maybe I’m motivated by some of my head circus.

I think I rattled my doc a bit. I got a bit huggie. After the conversation with my doc… I thanked him and gave him a hug. I guess I’ve never done that before. I didn’t even think about it.

I’ve been told by the people in my life these past few weeks… that I’m too close. Even my girlfriend has asked me at times to let her go. I don’t know why I’ve gone from distant and happy in my own space to needing to be in everyone else’s space.

I’m told I used to be like this when I was young and ADHD. I had no concept of personal space and boundaries.

As an adult… I know better know… but lately… I don’t mean to be… but I’m in other peoples space.
It’s not a sex need… it’s a just be there and let me hug you… need. Which would be Ok… but I’ve been finding myself fighting off the urge to hug strangers.

My sis thinks my manic element is getting worse. I’ve heard of hypersexual. But I’ve never heard of craving basic contact. So that makes me think… I’m not being manic… I’m just being empathetic and affectionate.

I thought I was doing really well at being generally affectionate. But I’m told I’m on the other end of the scale now.

2 Likes

Perhaps you’re just trying to make up for lost time.

I know you’ll find a balance.

2 Likes

Definitely stop yourself from smothering your girlfriend. Be sure you’re reading her and even then keep it a little more sparse. It’ll maintain the value of the gesture.

1 Like

I have to pay attention more I guess. It’s an odd change of events.

Usually… because of the tactile thing I’ve got going on… which is another fun little trait that makes living in my hyper sensitive skin so interesting to say the least… :confused:

I’m not huggie and touchy. But lately… it’s a 180 I’ve been told. I didn’t really notice it until people started telling me to let go.

1 Like

Im still in the don’t touch me phase. I’m paranoid of what I’ll feel as I don’t fully trust myself and it feels like they can see it to making things more embarrassing.

Irrational ■■■■■■■■ though. Every time I am touched or hugged all I feel is love. Sz sucks. On a rational level I know this but when it comes to my sense of self I’m still paranoid Sz.

1 Like

It’s sometimes better to talk it out and find distractions. Keep your brain busy on other things that are more productive like getting a drink of water, drawing in a journal or taking a shower, going for a walk. Good luck. Check your schedule for doctor appointments and meds.

It’s hard to let go until your ready. I find hugging the dogs good therapy.

@SurprisedJ it sounds a bit hypomanic or manic to me - when I get hypomanic, and its a bit euphoric, I hug and kiss my Dad on the cheek.

lol - If I ever did this to my pdoc, she would have me committed in a flash :smile:

1 Like

i think its healthy but i am not a doc,

when i was put on my new med 5 years ago i was the same,

i actually complained to my p/doc for never smiling and she ended up leaving for a better job (thought it was bc of what i said, thought she wanted to do something that would allow her to smile more)

yeah, i was in overdrive, wanted to kiss people all the time haha (not sexually i mean affectionately like the italians) lol those italians really know how to hug :slight_smile:

hope its not any of your symptoms re-emerging but i think worrying about it isnt going to do any good so i’d definately talk to your doc about it.

At first I thought you meant by ‘space invaders’ you were going to confess to being an alien come to take over the planet… :alien:
I am relieved it is only this :relieved:

You would do well in some Pentecostal churches…they hug all the time, too much sometimes. You would also do well among Italians, at least the old school Italians .
At least it’s a positive thing, but you have to be sensitive of others space. Not everyone likes being hugged or touched. I went through a phase when i was a teen and early 20s when getting drunk people would start hugging…buddy hug type thing, not sexual, usually…It was ok until you hugged the wrong person and dude would say 'hey man get off me, what are you, gay?" happened a couple times, and I’m not one who likes all that casual hugging stuff, or being touched by strangers or people i barely know.

I really dont like to get touched - hugged by people - I avoid barbers and dentists, because of the contact

Dentistry is legal torture! LOL I’ve been to some downright evil dentists who didn’t seem to care how much pain they caused and even got mad when I insisted on being put out for an extraction…one guy even told me to ‘man up’ and stop acting like a baby. He then started to poke around and tried to pull the tooth which i felt…What he felt was real teeth on his finger…I was then sent to the oral surgeon. the evil dentist and I had a stalemate…he threatened to charge me for biting him…I threatened to report him for malpractice for having an evil bedside manner. He backed down and let it go, so did I. Eh, I should have reported him anyways…

1 Like