If your words could save someone

I know a younger guy just turned 20, boyfriend of my neighbors daughter. He sent me a text saying I apologize for being awkward, but my brain has not been ticking quite right.

So that lead me to understand he has done pills and dabbled around with DMT. I think you would agree since all that drug usage some illness might pop up for him.

He mentioned to me he has used molly and gave his gf molly x pills. And I was like I texted him back saying I was down that route 12 years ago. I used to be awkward too. But not no more. I been in and out of a psych ward 8 different times over 10 years. And that I hope he gets his brain ticking right. I recovered so to speak but I know this guy has a long arduous journey ahead of him if he continues down his same path.

1 Like

“I’d rather light a candle than curse the darkness.”

Jayster

3 Likes

Offering encouragement is always more motivating then dishing up criticism. When I do see people heading down that path that only leads to one inevitable place, I have to stop myself and just remember… I didn’t listen to anyone who was on that path before me.

That sort of change can only come from within. But it never hurts to reach out and offer out some words that hopefully start to open up a new path.

I’d say… keep reaching out.

3 Likes

If people only take your words into consideration for 5 seconds, that’s still something. Maybe they’ll remember what you said at the right time. Maybe not. It doesn’t hurt to try.

We only get one life (that we know of ) and unfortunately, no one promised us it would be perfect. When I was depressed, I thought everyone else was happy but me. When the depression lifted, I realised I was happier than they were. Then I started to think of all the things my depression had led me to take for granted and how, someone living in a third world country, would look at me and think how unfair it all was. And life is unfair, but we’re not always as disadvantaged as we think. Perspective changes everything and time can change your perspective.

3 Likes

Yes I was like I sent him a text that said, did you know your gf has a psychiatric condition she is taking geodon and you are giving her mollys. Then a week later I texted him and he said he stopped giving her mollies and he hadn’t taken any for 4 weeks. So I reckon he listened to me or I got through to him.

1 Like