If u do, why do u live in group/assisted living?

I’d like to know what disables you from living independently. Cognitive problems, avolition or impulsive spending or what? I’m wondering if this is my future down the road.

4 Likes

Avolition and anhedonia. These two dark horses are trampling me like I was a piece of rag.

1 Like

Im going to make the plunge this year.

Im going to get a garden flat, i dont seem to trust blocks with flats in them. I would be convinced of too much conspiring and plotting.

I want to try find a small one bedroom where maintainance is minimal and just breeze in.

3 Likes

I think I am stuck in my assisted living quarters by the law. I’d like to leave, but a number of people won’t let me. My brother, who is my legal guardian, is very reluctant to let me leave. So is my caseworker.

1 Like

U dont live independently @Andrey? That surprises me

1 Like

U can always get that changed @crimby. I think ur capable of making your own decisions

1 Like

Why is this surprising to you @Esm ?
I was very functional before sz, now a shell of my former self.
I live with my parents, and they are getting old…

I thought u still did some programming. Also the thread wasnt for ppl living with parents, i was more surprised cuz i thought u were in group home or assisted living.

Well, if they don’t find a remedy for this illness before my folks pass, maybe I will end up in somebody else’s care. Or on the streets. I can’t program anymore, I have th skills but not the motivation. It’s kinda lame.
So how about you? What’s your social status?

Both my parents are very old.
Going to move into a Supportive Group Home Environment later this month.
I’m kind of looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed Wave, may your transition be seamless and for the better.

1 Like

Thanks @Andrey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have govt. assisted apartment. I am still dependent on mom collecting check for me cuz i blow too much on alcohol and energy drinks and crap food when i drink. I have been going to some Alcoholics anonymous meetings but i never met criteria for alcoholic, i’m just an alcohol abuser. I am gonna start a dual diagnosis program soon.

I have been living in isolation for 5 years, a part of me is so crazy it likes it that way. If i could get a handle on my drinking i could live fully independent. Thx to my parents i have car tho.

1 Like