If an Asteroid was headed towards earth

I would suggest multiple satellites capable of producing laser beams strong enough to blast through the asteroid.

1 Like

that might just complicate things and spread the area of impact. We’d be doomed.

Nuke it…

1 Like

Have you tried being friends with the asteroid first?

8 Likes

I would wait for the moment before impact, then run outside to greet it with open arms, and hope it would take me out fast with a smile.

2 Likes

Not if we used enough satellites, and then the earth’s atmosphere would get rid of the smaller pieces. Maybe. IDK I thought about nukes too. I wonder what the plan would be or what NASA would do.

1 Like

Could also just be Darksith in the the Death Star

You know how he gets

Destroy humankind or not and just that constant monologue in his.head

Jedi :rabbit: being his voice of reason. “But Darksith you can’t destroy humankind cause that would be very very wrong!”

If you listen closely you can clearly hear Mrs Sith saying “If you destroy the earth. I am not cleaning that up Darksith!”

In all seriousness @darksith been about 27 dayys now. Know that you are in our thoughts and we wish you the light, love and peace. Not very sith like but are the characteristics you have portrayed to us… Although there is always hope you have moved on to much better things and no longer need the support here. Anyway just wanted to get it out there. We’ll leave a light on for you if you need directions home.

4 Likes

Someone actually petitioned Obama to build a death star!
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking

Something like that could blast an asteroid, but the gov shot it down without even needing Luke Skywalker and his X wing starfighter !

I’d worry about something like that in orbit as it could be turned on earth…
problem with nukes is radiation that will follow the smaller fragments in…and there is no guarantee they will all be small enough to burn up in the atmosphere…some will hit.

Simply press the Earth bake peddle until the asteroid has passed by.

1 Like

Then I would be vindicated.

There may actually be one theres something out there I read in the news I think some time last week scientists received a signal from way off somewhere.

The headline read alien signal found and the scientists said that it could be a star blowing up I guess but they weren’t positive…you know how they can be…they know EVERYTHING. …in theory.

Some scientists said what was received was like a radar ping off of some kind of disruption.Possibly its the approach of the asteroid. We can hope and pray at least.

Well,…

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood.…Revelation 8:8

1 Like

That would be ■■■■■■■ cool as hell. Aside from all the death and destruction. To witness that kind of collision. I just decided that is my favorite way to see the world end. Most realistic and probable by far.

I often thought about space exploration and something that could give us a shot is having intermediatory stations through out the vastness of space ,these , could include docking stations which could include supplies amongst other things. It could certainly help us with a manned mission to mars. In terms of saving the earth , we could have deployed weapons littered through out space , that could possibly head off asteroids on a collision course with the earth

A nuclear blast near an asteroid might change its course.

The way of global warming atm. By the time this all happens the icecaps will have melted turning Earth into a water planet. Thus the Asteroid will fall harmlessly into the ocean. Humanity wins again. Yah us!

1 Like

I would try to have as much ass-teroid sex as humanely possible. If we’re fated to be doomed, I’d like to go out with a :collision:!

Lol fifteen charcters

I’ve had dreams where the future of earth is either submerged under water and then that it’s a cold blizzard planet with robots and men in suits search the roads for signs of extra terrestrial life. Then I had dreams that Russia and China joined forces, exterminated the entire world and eventually turned on Russia, leaving Asians the last surviving humans. Hopefully we can make it to Mars first.

I would only hope the asteroid would be big enough to wipe out all life on this planet. Oddly even just 4 years ago I wasn’t totally comfortable with the idea of humans and all animals becoming extinct, now it’s the thing I pray for every day(don’t think it will work but it makes me feel good, kinda tricking my brain into thinking I’m doing something worthwhile I guess). Luckily life is not something the universe does frequently, with all our technology we can’t produce a reproducing cell and with 4 billion years of dead bodyparts lying on earth there has not been another original cell formed that wasn’t related to the first cell(not that we know of). This planet is a bloodbath, the sooner it will be destroyed the better. Unfortunately humans lack the intelligence to realize this and there will probably be the destruction of civilization, a few thousand years of AK47 wars and then humans would go extinct, then billions of years before the sun blows up and wipes it all out. Billions of more years of sentient animals eating each other doesn’t sound good. It’s all very disheartening.

What if some of the buried Anunnaki technology and weapons still work and humans get their greedy paws on them?
What if there are booby traps for explorers poking around?
What if there are angelic curses on ancient tombs and temples?
What about the sites high in radiation from the ancient wars?
What if some living beings or powerful spirits are living deep underground and tolerate the rovers but might not be so happy with actual humans?

I’m not against going there, in fact a few years ago I even considered it. Just have to be aware of all the possibilities and potential dangers.

This surely isn’t natural… a weapons pod from an Anunnaki starfighter?

Ankh chiseled on the rock and the wind blew the sand off it, or someone drop it there when they went out at night to check out the rover??

http://www.ufodisclosure.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-21-at-14.00.10-720x340.png

Photos courtesy of NASA…