I will not be a part of it

The division between ‘high functioning’ and ‘low functioning’. The line of chalk on the playground separating those who are superior and inferior based on how successful their treatments have been for them.

I believe in equality. Every human is just as human as the next. We are all made of flesh and blood.

I thought this was supposed to be a support website. A community. That’s what makes this forum different to all of the others. Well now it is following along the lines of ‘The Lord Of The Flies’.

I will not be a part of it if this is how it’s going to be.

5 Likes

Honestly, I’m so tired of reading posts about people wanting to leave…

7 Likes

I value your opinion.

I respect the decision by those HF and will not neglect the LF, whenever possible.

1 Like

Everyone on this forum wants and has fought for recovery. Schizophrenia is a severe mental illness. It kicks you down and does not let you get back up which is why:

5 Likes

I’ve always believed that withing the context of their own lives all persons’ lives make sense. There are only a few people I will say were worthless or worse than worthless - like maybe the serial killers Ted Bundy and Charles Manson - and definitely megalomaniacs like Hitler, Mao, and Stalin.

1 Like

We are aware that there is a bit of a divide happening lately. It started out pretty innocently, as a desire to make the forum more recovery-oriented, but it does seem to have evolved into an us vs. them mentality. I still believe we can accomplish he original goal of makings the forum more recovery-oriented, but we need help from everybody. I think it should be the responsibility of those who have recovered more to be a positive example to those who haven’t yet made it, instead of blaming them for their own lack of success. There is a mental component to recovery, and it takes a positive attitude, but no one ever developed a positive attitude because they were insulted.

10 Likes

For what it’s worth , to me it was never about that. I’m low functioning. I got upset because here I am dragging myself to a job I can’t do and no one else is trying. I can’t do it either. My manager called up on me as he saw me struggling and I left early. As I left managed somehow to make it out the building but hung around 30-40 mine before I left completely. So this high functioning is bull ■■■■.

1 Like

Exercising nazis everywhere.

They are not in authority to me.

I moved away from these disgusting ideology and how perfect they are and setting me up.

This site has changed.

It is very seperate from.

Lots of profiles nolonger write here.

Maybe they all left for the high functioning forum but we did not get a invite.

I do not forgive them for coming to my new state.

I get told I’m not aloud to exercise and I get set up.

I want them kept away from me.

They are not in authority to me.

They set me up.

They think they are in authority to me but they are not.

I’m sorry I haven’t noticed the divide you speak of? is there a troll I’m not aware of?

1 Like

I feel bad enough already about being unable to spin crap into gold.

4 Likes

I hear you. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Moved to meta btw

I hate the fixation on it too. Doesn’t matter how you function, the illness sucks either way. We’re all in it together.

What is the problem?
If they really think that we should be avoided it is better for everyone that they start their community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you mean all users in general are treating them badly? i havent seen any post like that???

maybe i do not click on enough post here to notice and see it???

i have only been hanging out here a couple of weeks. You seem to know more than me about this? canyou fill me in so i know what they are talking about?

thanks

Pixel said he wants to start a new forum where only high functioning schizos are welcome.

The poverty of articulation or that low functioning do often not work in person.

I want to appreciate all people and beingzzz and species in some angle.

Even people that do not work :hushed::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Maybe they contribute some other way.

I am not working.

I want to get disability pension and volunteer work.

A man is in my body sometimes .

He is intense and can feel hysterical and I think he might hate children and dislike people.

It is not me I feel but him.
I think he is close to me.

I can not do much when I feel him.

There are profiles I miss seeing around and I hope they are well.

But there are some high functioning profiles that still log in.

Good wishes to you guys and love yo💕

I am about to read Swedish to keep the language alive with in me and maybe learn some history.

I have been for a ride on my neigher.

I truly wanted to be s care worker but I cannot.
I feel others in me so I do not feel like myself.
I go mute and my body gets hysterical and o et whelmed I do not feel like myself then.

The man too.

I was hoping for just one client but could not even do that.

I apologise for what I wrote about father.

I thought someone else was my real father.
The angry o e but I wS wrong.

Even if he was bad and memory were true I would forgive him .

I love even those that hate me I think.
Strange.

2 Likes

I’m high functioning but I can certainly sympathize with any more sad people who want to let it out. It doesn’t bother me. Better they let it out here than bottle it up. There are five stages of grief, who are we to try and rush anyone through those stages? Not even therapists do that.

3 Likes

You"Pixil wants to start a new forum…"

ok. now i get get it. i like Pixel, but i will have to disagree for both selfish and unselfish reasons:

selfish: some of the people i think might be lower functioning reply with very short or long post. Both short and long are easy to understand. i read both, yet on bad weeks i might not be up to answering or thinking about the more complicated problems of work life. (read: I enjoy the low functioning post more.)

unselfish: all people are logomorphic animals. No matter how low functioning a person is, they can not ditch that hardwired instinct of being logomorphic.

They(us? i do not work either) sometimes only need exposure to those who know how to get certain things done in order to copy their actions. Copying actions and attitudes can sometimes lead to success in an area of a lower functioning persons life.

At the least, i would think that making a separate forum may accidently discourage mid to lower functioning people from reading the higher functioning peoples post

In disability terms, this would be called lack of inclusion. This logomorphic behavior is why people (children especially) must participate in regular classes and not just special classes.

Those people, even teenagers old enough to be in high school, must be in a regular setting to learn social skills.

A special class is special because it does not represent to a high degree how a regular classroom works. They need real world experience.

1 Like