I think this girl stigmatized me slightly but then I erased the stigma a little bit

I asked this girl out and she’s a good person at all. She went to my high school and she knows me before sza. Well I figured she would know I had MI. I figured everyone gossiped about me but she claim she didn’t know. Well I think she stigmatized me. "NO I WILL CERTAINLY NOT GO OUT WITH SOMEONE WITH A MENTAL ILLNESS ". But not in those words she was much nicer but I think she was thinking that. Like my idea of hanging with her was an insane idea because she has her normy life to deal with.

Well anyways I was so damn polite to her when she rejected me. I found and searched and searched some more for the niceness of her message. I ignored the stigma, I embraced the nice. And thanked her. And told her I hope she has a great time doing what she’s doing. And I was just uber polite. Too polite to be a normie. Only us sz who have faced years of rejection and learned the best ways to deal with it (take the high road and tip your hat) could have delivered this level of empathy. Normies don’t know to do this… they pout a bit more and call each other names. But I had a sz level of empathy and friendliness and niceness. She responded “wow thank you so much!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think I erased a bit of stigma with this one individual.

I may not have a job, or much of a life like normies do. But the sz part of me,…I know how to make people feel good. Which is the #1 thing I could’ve done for this girl in the end. And I did. Maybe she will embrace the light seperate from the dark going forward a little bit more. Baby steps!! Folks!!!

4 Likes

Maybe she didn’t know you had MI. At least she was nice about it.

1 Like

There are still some kind of stigma in developed country like u.s …its beyond explainable in what we face in 3rd world country like nepal…bro u are strong in my book …normie has to change their attitude toward us man…otherwise they will have to …
Take care bigjon …!!

1 Like

Sorry for the situation in Nepal regarding MI stigma, Far Cry; I can’t imagine.

2 Likes

Oy vey,

Dating is horrible.

I’m proud that you at least asked her out and handled her declining very well.

Maybe she did know, maybe not, but now she knows that you’re a super nice dude regardless.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone especially @anon54386108

No problem, homie.

Really, dating is the worst and made worse by having mental illness.

I know its tough, but focus on yourself and when your more stable and happy someone worthy will come along.

Fact.

4 Likes