I think I might have leads for a new business venture

Since Trump, (I didn’t vote for him), is getting ready to cut $40 billion from the social security disability rolls, I am looking into alternative sources of income for myself. I’m looking into a business that I can do on the internet. Something that will be my own business and that I can control. I know that I cannot get a regular, payroll job because no one will hire me because I have not worked a full time job in 24 years. I have no recent work history. And without that, no one will hire me. I know that. So, I’m not even going to waste my time applying for any jobs. Even though I have that proverbial piece of paper, (I have a bachelors of science degree in nursing). I have no nursing license, so, without that, it’s useless.
I’m semi excited about a couple of ways I can earn money. Let’s see how they pan out.

3 Likes

I hope you get it figured out and it works for you. I rely on my SSDI to survive as well. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do if I lose it too. I also rely on my Medicare. An internet based business that you can work from home would be ideal. A lot of people would like something like that.

1 Like

well since anything remotely positive about trump seems to get taken down hopefully you see this. You may not have much to worry about since a lot of the stuff he tries to do doesn’t pass in congress. So far everything I’ve heard of is that he is passing executive orders. Those go away when someone else takes the office of president. I’m pretty sure he won’t be re-elected though but I doubt he will be impeached.

1 Like

Good luck :slight_smile: You can do this!!!

1 Like

Also I seem to be in a similar boat as you in that I am looking for a job. I haven’t had one in almost 2 years. Also I may not be able to rely on getting a government jobs as I have posted about before. Wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

what happened with that job?! they gave no legit reason ?

They already said they didn’t hire me because of my schizophrenia and the draino incident. It was the government though so I don’t think I can sue them or anything.

That is a real bummer!

Yeah now I need a whole 'nother strategy for getting a job.