I talk very few since kid. Can it get better or its a tough symptom?

I am a bit concerned about this. I find myself talking a bit more on the lithium now. But I still have the impression to lack thoughts and ideas, plus I have this closed behavior so I talk few. Can we recover on this one day? How did you get better on this, with the help of the meds? Maybe its not a problem for the schizophrenics who have positive symptoms, is that right? Idk the reason why I talk so few. I am afraid it will take me years to recover on my talking, but I have no choice. My mom says that ill never talk more, but I want to have more hope than this…

1 Like

Same here. I didn’t talk much when I was a kid. Maybe it was due to depression or my parent’s divorce? I was put in a special class as a kid…

Vraylar has me talking less. I used to talk faster but that could have been a sign of hypomania.

Is there here people who made a lot of progress on their talking? How did you do it? Do you talk a lot when you have an episode?
yeah insidemind, its more a negative symptom or depressive. Or an autistic thing cause some schizophrenics have an autistic symptoms too :confused:

Yes. Sometimes I feel autistic due to schizophrenia. It sucks.

1 Like

I used to not talk much. Or, well, I talked A LOT as a kid, but after I turned 20, I started talking less and less. Over the past two years I’ve been trying to teach myself to say more things. It was really hard at first, I would spend so much time pondering on what to say that I’d miss my chance to say it.

After a while, I learned to just say whatever was on my mind, and worry about the grammar and such later. I still try to filter it so I don’t say irrellevant things, but I’m not so hard on myself anymore.

I believe it can be improved with training, but some people just take a longer time getting comfortable enough with a person to talk to them than others.

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you don’t talk much because negative symptoms and because negative symptoms make you depressed and you don’t get out to be able to practice talking so therefore if you get negative symptoms sorted maybe you will start talking more and do more things

this sounds like a very positive post, there is nothing wrong with you talking more, life is a journey and its all about learning and developing, maybe you are starting to open up more and oif so then i would consider this a good sign, i did the same thing on my current med when i first started it, began to talk more, it was a great feeling and now i cant stop talking and i feel so good because of it, good luck with it and i hope it continues :slight_smile:

The best way to get better with talking is to practice. If you scared about talking to people start by like narrating what you are doing when you’re alone it should help with your word flow.

1 Like

I was never a big talker. But since falling ill I tend to speak less than before. It’s a negative symptom and it can improve somewhat with practice and therapy.

Its a tough symptom

Yeap, cris… I am afraid that it will be hard to recover on this. I am like the prisoners who lost the habit to talk. Why its tough symptom in your opinion? But I think it too. Its bad that I lack thoughts and ideas in order to talk… No med wont give me back some thinking, idk…

1 Like

Its called algoia …its negative symotoms…i am sufferimg from it too…take care anna.new med might work for it…

This is a symptom I can honestly say I’m improved a lot in. I just got sick of people calling me quiet. I educated myself with knowledge and insight. My mind was blank as a child so it was easy to not talk at all. Now I talk average amount…well it depends on the crowd I’m with. Id say not worry about it too much, some people are just quiet and people like quiet people. maybe it is a symptom of SZ but u shouldn’t stress urself out over it.

No, I think that ill always be alone with this kind of symptom, its not nothin @BigJon… Ill continue working on this, I hate this symptom… Whats the reason of the alogia, people? Is it really the lack of ideas? Well, its tough to lack thinking like this…

You’re right anna1 it’s not nothing. I’m sorry you have this so severely as you say you do.

Its a bit better now on the lithium, but I still talk sometimes without believing in what I say… Do you understand this? I lack pleasure of talking, I lack certainty too…

I think I may have had this to a lesser degree in my teens. It did get better, but I don’t have many people to talk to.

1 Like

I dont count on any new meds anymore, farcry… There will always be mi on the earth… Its complicated, I dont believe in the miracle pill anymore…

1 Like

Anna it will take time trust me…there are two med especially for negative symptoms coming out soon…they are min101 and sep 856 with in 5 yrs…

Anna what is your first language? Because I can’t imagine you being that bad socially since you’re fairly articulate in your second language of English on this board. I mean a couple grammar mistakes here and there , You’re only human though.